Friday, March 2, 2007

Great Recipe

So I found this really good recipe in the Friend Magazine of all places. Paul and I both really enjoyed it (and Leah too. Ashlyn wouldn't try it. Surprise surprise), so I thought I would share it with you. Sorry...no picture. I should have thought of that. It's all gone though. Maybe next time I make it.

1-12 oz. can evaporated milk
1/4 cup chopped onion
2/3 cup saltine cracker crumbs
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1 1/2 pound ground beef

1-20 oz can chopped pineapple

2 TBSP cornstarch
1/2 cup cider vinegar
2 TBSP Soy sauce
2 TBSP Lemon juice
1/2 cup brown sugar

-combine first group of ingredients and shape into 1 inch meatballs. Brown them in a skillet over medium heat. Remove them and drain skillet.
-Drain the pineapple and reserve the juice
-in a bowl combine the juice with the last group of ingredients and stir until smooth. Pour the mixture into the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thick. Add meatballs. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add pineapple bits and heat through.

We had ours over rice. Try it...you'll like it.

1 comment:

sydney said...

yum! and if you can believe, i have almost all of those ingredients! Yahoo. Recipes are a great idea for a blog. post any future finds as well because as you know, i'm always in need of some good food for dinner.