
The credit for this recipe goes entirely to Beth Tait, who gave me this recipe yesterday. I made it today and it was so so yummy and I'm not a fan of Dumplings. It was excellent though. So, thanks Beth for the new recipe. I already added it to my recipe box.
4 chicken breast halves
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 cans cream of Chicken soup (or you could do one can C.of Chicken and one can C.of Celery)
1/2 onion, finely diced (I used onion powder)
2 pkg. refrigerator biscuits (I got the homestyle kind, not the flaky)
Chicken Broth
Place Chicken, butter, soup and onion in slow cooker. Fill with enough broth to cover the chicken completely.
Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours. About 30 min. before it's done, place torn biscuit dough in slow cooker ( I torn mine into pretty small pieces). Cook until dough is no longer raw in the center.
You can also add carrots, peas, celery, potatoes. Whatever veggies you want. It adds more flavor and color. Yum yum...hope you enjoy it.
Oh, one more thing. I cut the recipe in half and it made plenty for my little family with a little leftover. (Leah had a little and Ashlyn ate none.)
3 comments:
Looks yummy! I will have to try it. Thanks! Anymore recipes?
And leftovers are awesome. Total comfort food. I'm so glad you liked it. It's all about allrecipes.com!
That looks so good to me right now. My tummy hurts a little and that looks like it would hit the spot. :) I need to write it down.
Post a Comment