Friday, August 3, 2007

Green Drink

So, I know...I'm pathetic. I'm kind of on a posting marathon. I do it from time to time. I guess that's how you know that I'm bored. But I've been making these "green drinks" lately and I think they are pretty good. So if you have picky eaters or just want to get more veggies in yourself, than maybe try it out. It's not too bad. The first drink kind of tastes like a salad, but after that it's pretty good. This recipe is kind of vague on the amounts. You can adjust it to your own liking. And of course, I should give credit to Charlotte since I originally got this idea from her.

1/2-1 banana
pineapple juice or pineapple pieces w/ a little bit of the canned juice (just enough to make it blend well)
plain- low fat or non fat yogurt (approx 1/4-1/2 cup)
spinach (lots of it. Just cram it in your blender)
ice (6-8 cubes)

Mix it all together in the blender until smooth. You will need a good blender because having bits of spinach in your drink doesn't sound very appealing to me. It will be very green. Don't be afraid of it though. Just give it a try and let me know if you like it.

7 comments:

Beth said...

I have tried this and I know it is good. I think Charlotte used to put avocado in her's too. It adds a lot of good fat (and makes it a little creamy), if you're looking to get some added fat into your kid's diet. I say, drink up.

Kerri said...

I love when people post everyday. It makes me feel like less of a stalker when I visit blogs more regularly than I would like to admit! Keep them coming!

Oh and I used to juice up veggies (only veggies). It was pretty gross, had this nasty brownish green look and a smell that would make anyone sick. But, I felt so healthy and had loads of energy. Now with two kids, I could use a little pick-me-up again. This recipe is much more appealing, so I will definitely try it!

brookeisacrazylady said...

I am so excited, I will definitely try it.

Kristen said...

hmmmmm. *looks in cupboard* might have to try that for lunch.....

Kristen said...

and on the cherry coke thing: did you know that those artificial sweeteners are outlawed in canada? because they are so bad for you. crazy huh? It's like the butter/margarine question:

heart attack or cancer?

Beth said...

Okay, I made the green drink today for Adam & Tyler b/c I needed to use up my old bananas and yogurt. Adam laughed at me, but is always a good sport about my health food stuff. Tyler drank it down. He thought it was so yummy and fun to drink out of a straw.

PS - Don't give up the Cherry Coke. I don't think I can give up my Diet DR. Pepper Berries & Cream (at least not until I'm pregnant or something).

Amber said...

Beth- I'm proud of Adam. Good for him. Paul took one drink and just about gagged. And right in front of our girls, so now you know Ashlyn won't be drinking anymore of it. What a stinker husband!!! Ha. I'm just joking Paul.