Ashlyn told me weeks ago (when we decided we just didn't have the space for a big birthday party), that she still would like to have cake and ice cream with her friends. So we thought today would be a good day to bring that cake. An Ariel cake that is. Yes, I made it. Ha. Don't laugh. I couldn't for the life of me get her face to look good, so I just drew it on parchment paper and stuck on top of the icing. I know I know. It's pretty lame, but who cares. Ashlyn loved it and thought it was beautiful. Good thing it's not too hard to impress a 4 year old.
Brooke and Baylie
The kids having fun on the floatie
Lindsey (hope I spelled your name right). She tried to escape me, but I got her picture anyway. And look at her, she's SUPER cute. If I had her body, I'd be posing for pictures all the time.
Dallas and Darby chilling together.
Renee and Micah. Look at how cute he is.
Here's the cake. It got eaten up pretty quickly. Yum!!
Leah definitely liked it. Ashlyn jumped out of my picture frame. Little stinker. Guess she didn't want to remember herself enjoying her cake and icecream.
Me and the girls in the pool. Gotta get in a picture from time to time so my kids believe that I was there.
Kelsey (I think she's wondering why the heck I'm taking her picture.)
Jackie and Beth (and part of little Tyler)
4 comments:
Yo Amber, why did my picture have to be first? I scared myself when i looked on your blog. Yikes. The rest is good though, although you happened to omit the highly entertaining tidbit about Darby at the end of the shabang.
It was fun and is always fun when we all get together. Your cake not only looks good it was good. It was so yummy! So glad to celebrate Ashlyn's birthday with her.
I agree with Renee. It is always so fun when we all get together. You are so modest about your cakes. I can't believe Ashlyn is 4. She was still so little when I first met her.
What a killer party. Happy Birthday Ashlyn we sure miss you! I loved all the pictures of everyone!
Post a Comment