Thursday, August 2, 2007

Kidspace Museum

I do have to hand it to Los Angeles. There IS always something to do and someplace to go. Yesterday we went to the Kidspace Museum in Pasadena. I had heard about it, but never had gone. It was a neat little place. They had lots of little water play areas, a tricycle path, playground areas, exploration areas, and lots of other stuff we didn't have time to get to. They also have a rock and mineral area where you can bring in your own "treasure", find out what it is, and then trade it for something else (if you want to). And they have a train, but it doesn't run in the summer because the place is too crowded and it goes along the walking path. I particularly liked the gymboree type play area that only allows children 4 and under. The girls had a blast in there and we didn't have to worry about some big kid mulling them over. Here are a few pictures from our outing. I'm contemplating getting a membership.

Here's Ashlyn after she polished her rock.



Here's Leah playing in the creek. You can't tell, but she's standing in water.


And here's the girls playing in the "ant hill" climbing area. You can go downstairs and then climb up a tunnel to the top, like an ant would, but it was dark and small and Ashlyn wouldn't have anything to do with it.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I've totally been wanting to go there. Next time I'll totally go with you. It's on my list of things to do. Fun!

Kerri said...

You must have just forgotten that I live 10 minutes from it - because of course you would have invited me had you remembered! Just kidding!

Seriously though, let's get together next time you are in the area! Your girls are just so cute!

Kerri said...

No worries, Amber! I was just teasing!