Sunday, August 26, 2007

Spaghetti Sauce

Not to copy Rachel Ray, but this spaghetti sauce recipe is YUM-O!!! It is actually a recipe from my friend Kelly. (All my best recipes are from other people). However, I added the bell peppers, which I think makes it super yummy. Once you have this sauce, you may never go back to jarred sauce again.

Brown 1 lb. ground beef with 1/2 chopped onion, 1/2 chopped green bellpepper, and 2 cloves of chopped garlic (sometimes I do half ground beef and half italian sausage) Then drain, but don't rinse.

Add 2-15 oz. cans of tomato sauce
1-6 oz. can of Contadina tomato paste with Italian seasonings
2 tsp. of sugar
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. of basil
2 tsp. of italian seasoning (sometimes I use more if I can't find tomato paste with italian seasoning already in it)
Salt and pepper to taste

Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer and place the lid on top. Simmer (stirring occasionally) for at least 30 minutes, to really let the flavors combine.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm totally gonna try it.

Renee said...

I will definitely try this. Sounds great!