Thursday, September 6, 2007

First Day of Preschool

Everyone else is doing it, so I thought I needed to also. Just kidding. It's been so cute to see all the blogs of "the first day of school". I especially think it's cute that everyone talks about how the younger sibling was so sad to see their older sibling leave them. Leah was no exception. So we went to Under the Sea to help Leah forget about it. But after only one hour there, she started going for the gate and trying to leave. Then, when we finally did pick Ashlyn up, Leah insisted on holding Ashlyn's hand all the way home. Cute little sisters.

Ashlyn had a great time at her new little preschool. She is in the "orange" group and so she got to help feed the animals on her very first day. They have hamsters, guinea pigs, a tarantula, a little turtle, fish, ducks(that they hatched from eggs). It's crazy, but very cute. And she even made a friend. We don't know her name. Just that she had "light" hair (blonde I'm assuming), a pretty necklace and a purple shirt. Funny the things that stand out to kids. Now Ashlyn wants a necklace and a ribbon for her hair. Don't know where the ribbon came from. Maybe someone else had one on. Anyhow, here are a few pictures.





9 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

Amber! That is precious. What a neat school. Nothing like sisters. When you get ashlyn that ribbon, remember, the bigger the better!

Kristen said...

oh my goodness is ashlynn starting kindergarten next year? where does the time go?!

missed you guys monday - it was really fun. Although we had to make a last minute park change because Ken.Hahn was packed! :)

Renee said...

Ashlyn looks so cute! I bet she had so much fun at her new school. Another sad girl. Poor Leah. Love the picture of them holding hands.

charlotte and clarke said...

What a fun preschool, I never thought about the younger sibling- uggg! Cute pics.

Nanette said...

I love the cute sisters picture! How sweet! I'm glad Ashlyn loves preschool! How does Amber like it?

Brittany and Marcin said...

totally unrelated to ashlyn's first day but in response to your comment about the books... I did know the author is mormon. it's seriously embarrassing how much i like them, but they're so good!

Brenda said...

I have to tell you, Amber, that Brent asked who the girl is that is holding Ashlyn's hand! haha. He said where did her dark hair go? Love the pictures. Your family is soso cute!

Brittany and Marcin said...

she used a photoshop program on her mac. then she saved the design and used the minima template (the first one you can choose from) and replaced the header with an image. You could probably do it with your mac cuz I'm sure paul has some kind of program like that!

Lindsey said...

Those are the cutest picts ever! I love them holding hands in the car. You have darling girls!