Monday, October 29, 2007

You know you're grouchy if....

1. You make your family change all their Christmas plans to accomodate you.
2. Your friend calls you after church to make sure she didn't offend you, since you snapped at her for no particular reason. Sad thing is, you didn't even realize you did it.
3. The counselor in Primary comes up to you all serious like and asks you if, "you're okay?"
4. If you yell at the lady in Walmart for not having enough check stands open.
5. Or if your brutally honest little 4 year old tells you so.

I think I'm going to rename myself Oscar and hide in a garbage can for the next six months, or how ever long it takes to have this baby. Whichever comes first.

As a side note, Ashlyn has named the baby for us. It's a great unisex name at least. Well, I don't even think it's a name, but oh well. She's named it Jella.

10 comments:

Beth said...

That's funny. You're not grouchy, you're just pregnant. Call me and ask me about my day today - geesh.... you don't wanna know. Hope you're having fun with your MIL. Maybe she should watch the kids and you can get your nails done :)

Brian & Veronica said...

the sad thing is, this is so typical of all of us at one time or another. But, I agree, it's definitely pronounced during pregnancy, or at least harder to control when so much else is going on in our bodies! Hope you have a better day.
Love,
V

Erin said...

I love it...I have been around so many friends that do the same thing when they get pregnant. I'm sure one day it will be me. haha. Don't worry...you have a good reason. I love the name too. Jella...kinda Jazzy. haha

brookeisacrazylady said...

You are my long lost twin! And I'm totally not pregnant...

Camille said...

LOL!!! I am cracking up, Amber!! You are soooo funny!!! Though, I cannot picture you upset and grouchy, maybe that's why I find it so funny!! Seriously!! You are ALWAYS in a good mood!!
Nice, like the name Jella!

Brittany and Marcin said...

Jella? Is it sad that that could actually be a name at this point? I mean with things like apple out there Jella is going to be the next big thing!

Karalenn Hippen said...

Jella huh? That's awesome. I remember when Makenzie wanted to name Kendyl "Santa Claus". Oh kids. I'm so sorry you feel so grouchy. I completely understand. I've been warning my new friends in my new ward that if I get pregnant they better still just love me because I'm gonna be a witch. It just happens to some of us. I just tell myself that the nicer you are normaly, the meaner you get when your prego. At least it makes me feel better. :)

Karalenn Hippen said...

Congrats by the way with baby number 3!!!!

Kristen said...

isn't that the name of one of the cats in "CATS" ?

:)

Amber said...

Hm??? I've never seen CATS? Maybe you're right Kristen.