Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to....ME

Is it weird to say Happy Birthday to yourself? Well, I just did so who cares. And a good day it's been. Or rather, I should say, a good few days it's been since I started celebrating the day after Christmas. My mom and stepdad were in town until last Saturday morning, so Paul and I had to take advantage and go out on a nice long date. We went to see a movie (The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons. Quite a good movie might I add). Afterwards, we went out for BBQ at a local restaurant. Then Saturday I spent a little time shopping. Sunday I took a nap (definitely a birthday treat when you have three little kids). And Monday (today) I woke up to Breakfast in Bed and a whole hour to myself to get ready. Ah....it was nice. Then later this morning, I met up with my good friend, Charlotte and her family, at the Mall. They moved to Indiana about a year and a half ago, and happened to be in town and driving through our area this morning. It was GREAT to see her and get to hang out for a few hours. Tonight(after the kids are in bed that is), I think I'll have a nice little fire and cozy up with a movie and some hot chocolate with my honey. All in all, quite a nice Birthday!

The kids giving hugs before heading out



Me and Charlotte at Souplantation (yum yum)

15 comments:

Carlie said...

I'm a shmuck... I didn't even know it was your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You're 29 now right!:0)
I think the time by yourself and the nap is the best gift ever! Enjoy your snuggles and hot chocolate too! You are such a cutie!

Jeanette said...

Happy Birthday Amber. We need to play.

brookeisacrazylady said...

Happy Birthday. You are the fourth person I know with this same birthday. you guys must be super special. fun you got to see charlotte. happy birthday, sounds like a good one.

Beth said...

Yes, there is something about Dec. 29th.

Happy Day! I am sad to have missed seeing Charlotte. She looks so great. I'm sure you girls had fun.

Camille said...

Happy Birthday, Amber!! So glad it was a good day!!!

Brittany and Marcin said...

It is not weird to say happy birthday to yourself!!! Happy Happy Birthday!!! I miss you and love you.

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a great day.

The Fast Family said...

Happy late B Day! Glad you had a good day.

Beach Mommy said...

Breakfast in bed!! Love it! Sounds like the birthday went well. Happy ? Birthday by the way?? I saw no mention of age:)

Amber said...

I'm 29 of course (for the third time! HA)

Marci said...

Happy Birthday! I just had to apoligize for not contacting you sooner to thank you for the yummy Christmas cookies and the Kung Fu Panda poster. I know that was like a month ago, but I just realized I never thanked you. The poster is framed and hanging in Jordan's toy room. He LOVES it! Hopefully I'll see you soon!

Kati W. said...

Happy Birthday Amber!! So sorry I missed it. It sounds like it was a wonderful day. Love ya.

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh dear. I'm so sorry that I missed your bday completely. Good thing you wrote a Happy Birthday to yourself so I could too. :) It sounds like you had such a great weekend! I'm glad. btw I LOVE Soup Plantation. We really miss that place now that we aren't in Cali.

Luv2run said...

I am glad you had a great birthday!!! :-)

Luv2run said...

I am glad you had a great birthday!!! :-)