I've been lazy in the blogging department. It seems to take a long time to upload pictures and I get impatient. I'll try and make up for it here by giving a glimpse of our life lately.
We went to go see a screening of "How to Train your Dragon" in 3D. It was amazing. I loved it. And I don't usually love cartoons the first time I see them. They have to grow on me. This one was good though and totally fun to watch. The 3D was amazing and definitely not like the lame 3D we grew up with. You actually felt like you were watching this really take place in real life, instead of having irritating things fly at your face.
My Aunt Rhonda came to stay with us for a few days. It was fun. The girls LOVE LOVE LOVE her. She's the greatest aunt. She plays dolls with them (and really thoroughly enjoys it), she puts make-up on them, gives them lipgloss (to keep) and is fun and giddy with them (she's a true girly girl). Leah helped me made brownies for Sunday dinner a few weeks ago when Heather (Tyler's fiance) was in town. Of course she had to wear her dress up while licking the batter off the paddle. Rhonda is in the background doing my dishes while I'm chopping potatoes. That was my favorite part of her being here. She cleans....a lot. It was nice to cook and then turn around to see the kitchen all clean again. I'll have to get her to come visit for a few days again soon.
The last picture is Leah's way of "girlifying" the viking helmet Daddy brought home from Dreamworks "Dragons" Day. She took the horn out and added the bow.
The day before Easter, we went to an Easter Egg hunt and lunch that was put on by my MOMS club. It was a fun afternoon at the park. Ashlyn got to play with her best friend Grace. Brandon had full control of his Daddy, and Leah bummed around and played with a new little friend named Indiana. It was a nice day to be at the park.
We went to dye Easter Eggs with Becky and her kids while the guys were at Priesthood Session. She had a good 3 dozen eggs. The kids went through them in 15 minutes or less. They had fun though. Then we all had ice cream and sat and chatted until past bedtime (for the kids that is). We went home with plenty of eggs for deviled eggs the next day. YUM. It was so fun. Thanks again Becky. I'm not sure we would have dyed any eggs this year, had you not invited us over.
Easter morning came with Easter baskets for each kid. They dove into them and quickly devoured the candy (luckily there wasn't too much in there). Then they played with their toys all day and blew bubbles with their automatic bubble blower while Paul and I attempted to watch Conference. We got a few good talks in, but will definitely have to go back and re-watch it in the evenings, after the kids are asleep. Thank heavens for DVR. Seriously, the greatest invention ever. For dinner we had the traditional ham, mashed potatoes (special holiday edition), rolls, veggies, deviled eggs, and sparkling grape juice to drink. Then I was lazy and we ended with ice cream for dessert. I heard no complaints.
Leah started back at gymnastics (as you all know). She LOVES it and is really good at it too. Today was her first day on the rock wall though. She wasn't too sure about it, but was quite impressed with her little buddy Ashlynn, who could make it all the way up the wall.
4 comments:
What fun days!!!! And I love the girly helmet. And dying eggs looks spectacular - good idea. And wahoo for gymnastics, I so wish we were at that stage!
Really...his name is Indiana? How cool! Sounds like you guys had a great Easter!
Actually Jenn, HER name is Indiana. And she's a beautiful little girl. I think they call her Indy for short.
Amber, you have such a great life. So happy for you, mom
Post a Comment