Sunday, May 2, 2010

Take your kid to work Day

The awaited day finally came. Ashlyn's "best day of the year". The day she gets to go to work with her daddy.....all by herself....just her and him.....all day long. She loves it. So much so that at the end of the day when Paul said it was time to leave, Ashlyn was sad and said, "Let's stay at work Daddy. I don't want this day to end."

The Theme was "How to Train your Dragon" of course. Paul got to teach the "modeling" class to the kids, then they got to make their own dragons from predesigned templates. Ashlyn made hers and then decided that Daddy's job isn't so hard. haha....


She got to meet Hiccup and get her picture taken with him.


And she got to go with some friends into the "secret" room that was created by some guys in the "character effects' department. See, this was a little space in the air conditioning ducts that some guys at work found one day. They slowly started bringing furniture and stuff inside it and made it their own secret spot. Dreamworks found out about it and instead of firing all the guys involved, they helped them make it into a "legitimate" room that was up to code. Before hand, it was just one great big fire hazard. So the "secret" room isn't so secret anymore, although the entrance is still covered by a bookshelf and you have to know which book to move to be able to get inside. So needless to say, Ashlyn thought it was pretty darn cool.

6 comments:

RachelAA said...

Ok the entire thing sounds pretty darn cool!

Jenn said...

How fun! She told me that she got to miss school and go to work with daddy. I thought the whole family was going....how fun for her!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

I can only imagine how excited she must have been to go into the secret room!! I know I would have LOVED it as a kid. Can't wait to see y'all at the wedding. We are sooo excited!

tphillips said...

How cool that they do a whole little thing for the kids. I love that! And the secret room looks awesome! What nice quality time for Ashlyn and her dad.

Beth said...

this is the coolest thing ever!

Rojahn Family said...

This is sooooo awesome! Oh, if only Andy could work there. Aw well. Ashlynn is a lucky lil gal! I want to go next time :) I want to check out the secret room!