Sunday, February 6, 2011
What I wished
When I was a kid I loved babies. I wanted to hold other people's babies all the time. Wanted to play with them. Wanted them to love being with me. But darnit if these babies didn't always prefer their mommies. I hated it. I always thought, "someday I'll have my OWN babies and they will love me and prefer me over anyone else, and that will be SO fun". Well......fast forward 20 years (or so), and boy oh boy did I get my wish......Now I just need to figure out how to reverse it. Haha....Just kidding. I do love my babies and I do love that I can calm them when they are sad, or comfort them when they need to be comforted. But it would be nice if I didn't have to worry about them when I want to go out for the night...knowing they are crying their little heads off because I'm not there. It definitely makes it hard to leave very often. But I know it will only be for a short time. They will get older, and get better at being away from me. And then some day I am sure I will be wishing again that I had a little baby to hold. One that loved me and preferred me over anyone else......Sniff Sniff.....So for now I will try to just enjoy it. And be grateful that I have a sweet little baby. And if you don't see me out at night much, that is why.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
maybe that's when it's good to have alternate times to go out. Like if the baby is happier in the morning, go out for breakfast, or put the baby down and go out afterward. I agree that it's such a short time. You'll be out again before you know it.
Yes, That's what I figure. Paul and I have been going on dates in the afternoons (Saturdays of course) and I can go out with girl friends if I get him down to bed first (so usually after 8:30).
It's good that you are making time on Saturday days. I would just not go out and then I would be a little nutty. Now that Tyson is almost 2 its easier and sad at the same time that I am onto a different stage in life. No more babies wanting me anymore.
my kids have been the same day...all but won. Jason always feels bad, and I secretly like that they prefer me but same challenges.
we might need to remind them of this when they are teenagers :)
You are such a good mama! No wonder your kids love you so much!!! How could they not!?! :)
Post a Comment