Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Last Day of School and Ballet

I got to go to Leah's year end party. They mostly played games outside, made fun visors, and had popsicles. I just supervised some games and helped where needed. I was glad to be there one more time. Plus I got this super cute picture of Leah with her Kindergarten teacher. I like to always take one on the last day of school. Unfortunately, I missed getting one with Ashlyn and her teacher. I'm sure I'll regret that someday, but oh well. Too late now. Her teacher won't be teaching at Valley View next year. 


On a positive note, I FINALLY got Ashlyn into a ballet class that I really like. We've tried a few places around town and nothing seemed too impressive to me. Go figure this one is just a class through our local park and rec center. But the teacher is so nice and is really starting the kids off at the beginning, which I really appreciate. Ashlyn needs to learn the basics. All the other classes just seemed to pick up in the middle of nowhere. 

Here Ashlyn is practicing flexing and pointing her toes. Her teacher must have told her two or three times what an amazing arch she has. 


Then she learned how to sit and stand like a ballerina.
TOO cute!



And how to do a plie. She's working on keeping her booty in and her tummy tight. Ballet is hard stuff.



Look at that amazing arch. She was born for ballet.


I mean seriously, look how happy she looks. I love it!
Afterwards she said it was super fun, but that she was tired. And her legs hurt. Haha....this is only the beginning for little miss ballerina.


No comments: