Friday, August 17, 2012

The Day of Celebration

Ok, all I can say is that Ashlyn is ONE lucky little girl that her Grandparents were in town the day of her birthday, because after her hotel night, we would not have done anything huge for the actual day of. But since they were, she got spoiled....again! First off was a trip to Submarina for lunch. Her favorite as you know. Grammy worked on a craft with her later in the afternoon and then we took off to Chuck E. Cheese where the kids had more tokens and pizza then I have ever gotten them there. They collected their "loot", then we came back home for cake and ice cream and presents. I'd say she was one happy girl! Even one of her best buds stopped by to drop off a gift for her. I thought that was SO sweet considering she didn't have a party or anything really. 

Lots of tickets to spend.



I'm so grateful Paul has a job where he can take the day off for the kids birthdays. He tries really hard and is usually able to.


Chuck E. Cheese is SO easy with three adults. I barely did anything. (Carter was at home napping with Grammy).


NINE years old! WOW!


Not such a lovely picture. But what can ya do? Gotta get a shot of the candles.


And of course, of the birthday girl blowing them out. It took three tries, but I think her wish will still come true.


The Birthday Loot!


Cake and Ice Cream. Yum!




My mom made a memory book for Ashlyn with pictures she has collected over the years. Ashlyn loves it and has kept it on her bed with her every night since she got it. (That's where she keeps things that are really special to her. It's like the only spot in the house that is ALL hers.)


Yay! A fijit friend. Just what Ashlyn wanted. Her name is Willa and she's an interactive robot. She's pretty cool and will even tell you jokes and dance with you. 


A few shirts from the siblings.


Ashlynn Reed (one of her besties) dropped this gift off. A wooden jewelry box that Ashlyn gets to paint. She started on it right away. She also got her a fashion designer book! What a nice friend huh!


Grammy has been on Pinterest and found this adorable idea. It was a continuous roll of money stuffed into a kleenex box with a note attached that said "spend it or save it, just don't 'blow' it all in one place". TOO cute huh! Ashlyn thought it was hilarious! 

I love the look on Leah's face. Like "OH MY GOSH!!! There's money in that box."





Well, I know where I'm going if I need a loan.


Alright! I know what you are thinking...HOW MANY POSTS ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE FOR ONE BIRTHDAY? Sheesh! Ok, I'm all done now. 

1 comment:

Dana said...

So happy you had such a great bday Ashlyn. I love and miss you everyday. hugs Grandma Dana