Ashlyn tried out and made Honor's Band. Only two students from her school's band made it and she was one of them. She was so excited! She practiced a bunch to get her try out song just right.
She had three practices that were an hour and a half each. Plus more practicing than normal at home, plus regular band practice, but by the time the concert rolled around she was ready. They played at Canyon High with the Canyon High symphonic band. Not together, but side by side alternating songs between the two groups. They played three songs, "Indiana Jones theme song", "Radioactive", and "James Bond theme song". And she did great. I'm SUPER proud of her. She practices all on her own and really enjoys doing it. It really makes it easy when I don't have to nag her about practicing. I can see her going far with the flute. It makes me so happy because I can tell it's something she just really enjoys doing!



4 comments:
What a beautiful, smart, talented and delightful granddaughter we have !!! And looking so grown up.
Yay!!! I kept meaning to ask you how her audition went--so awesome!!!
Ashlyn is such a talented young lady. I wish I could be there to hear her play at these events. I love you Ashlyn, Grandma Dana
Yay Ashlyn!
Post a Comment