Last Labor Day we were too burnt out from the beach to go, but since we didn't spend tons of time there this summer, we were all really excited to spend the day there. Paul's best friend from High School was out visiting from Iowa, so we got to meet up with him and his family too. So combine them along with some other awesome friends from church and I'd say it was a pretty great day. The weather was perfect for the beach and even though the waves were CRAZY big, the kids still splashed around at the edge and pretended to be surfing. Paul helped the kids build a big ole trench and sand castle. Mostly it was a trench, but that's pretty much what is usually ends up being. I was impressed they actually built any part of the sand castle at all.
I got brave and went out in the water to swim. I know…shocking, but I do that from time to time. Lol. It was so fun once you got past all the waves. The water was really deep and I couldn't touch after just a few minutes of swimming. It was definitely a work out, but it was kind of relaxing and peaceful in a strange short of way. Getting back to shore was another story. Like I said the waves were huge and there were lots of rocks at the shoreline from all the sand being turned up. So I pretty much got pelted into the rocks trying to get back. It wasn't the greatest way to end my nice swim in the ocean, but oh well. A little trip to the showers to rinse off all the sand and to get my hair back to semi normal looking and I was as good as new!
Don't let the sticking out of her tongue at me fool you. That is a true sign of love from her!
Paul and Zane. They probably haven't seen each other since their 10 year high school reunion, and since we are only a couple of years from our 20 year reunion (how the heck that happened I DO NOT KNOW), you know it's been a long time. But the great thing about friends like this, is that they picked up right where they left off. Zane isn't LDS, but from what Paul tells me, Zane went with him to all the church sports events, church dances and activities. So he knows all about Mormons. When he sat down, he was like, I'm assuming all these friends of yours are Mormon too. YUP….you got it right Zane. We travel in packs.
Make shift surfing in the sand! Love these kids. They're the greatest. And nevermind that one random girl in the back. She just wished she was part of such a cool group, so she kept coming over to play. It was pretty cute.
Until next time Zuma Beach. We may not be back for a while. It's been a fun summer. Now to move on to FALL! Yay.










2 comments:
Fun!!! It's thing like these that I miss! Love all the pix and I'm impressed you got in the water! ;)
We miss you coming to the beach with us too Tina!!!
Post a Comment