Specifically Paul of course.
So I get home from church Sunday, make the kids lunch, and then sit down to relax for a bit. A while later I get up to start dishes.
You know how if the disposal needs to be turned on, the water in the sink just keeps rising. Well, that was my sink. So I took all the dishes out of it, felt around in the water to make sure I didn't miss any silverware and turned on the disposal. Immediately I hear a crunch crunch crunch. I think….dang it…I missed a spoon or something. So I turn off the disposal. The water in the sink has not all gone down, so I feel in the disposal for the silverware. Nothing….so I wait for the water to drain and pull the disposal guard out. There was no silverware in the drain. There was GLASS….lots and lots of tiny pieces of crunched up glass. One of my little glass prep bowls had fallen down into the disposal and I missed it. I stood there thinking how the heck am I going to get all this out without ruining my disposal. So I start trying to pick the pieces out with my hands. I wasn't getting very far and I was afraid I was going to cut myself. Meanwhile, Paul gets home from church. I tell him what happened and how I didn't know how I was going to get it all out. He says, why don't you just get the hose attachment of the handheld vacuum and suck it all out. Uhhhh……...DUH!!! Why didn't I think of that? It worked like a charm and in minutes my disposal was totally clear of all that glass.
Later that day, I was sitting on the couch trying to think of a gift I wanted to get for someone. I was wracking my brain. I just couldn't think of anything good. Paul was sitting by me and offers up a few good options. I looked at him, smiling, and said, "well aren't you just so very helpful today"?! He responds by saying, "You sound like you are actually being sincere in that statement". HAHAHA…..of course I was. But apparently I am usually sarcastic if he didn't know whether to believe me or not.
So that, my friends, is why I need a husband. To think for me. Because apparently I'm not very good at it on my own.
2 comments:
You definitely have a keeper! You guys balance each other out!!
You are both lucky to have each other!
Post a Comment