I will admit, that I was determined to have an awesome baking season. I wanted to make all my own breads, cookies and desserts. So that meant I was gonna make my own gingerbread houses too. It was WAY more work and time than I had anticipated, but after it was all said and done, I am glad I did it. I just can't make one for each kid. They will have to be happy to share. Which they totally were and I was proud of them for not fighting too much over who got to put the frosting where and which candy went in which place. The biggest hiccup is that Carter kept eating all of the mini m&m's. Next year he'll get his own little bowl and the rest of the kids can share another. Haha…it is his favorite candy though so I can't really blame him.
Callie came over to help the girls and I helped the boys and I think they turned out pretty darn well. And by the way, making your own royal icing is 5 trillion times easier to work with than the store bought crap. Sorry…yes I just said crap, but that's what it is.
I took a whole ton of pictures, so I figured I might as well post at least half of them. It was fun decorating the houses.
Man I'm loving his long messy hair. It's awesome.
Nevermind me in my workout clothes. I'd like to say I worked out that day, but it never happened. Lol! It was a valiant effort though. Just too busy running around doing last minute Christmas prep.








1 comment:
Wow you are a good mom! I can't believe you made the gingerbread...well actually I can. The houses turned out so cute! how fun Callie got to be there too!
Post a Comment