I'm super grateful for the job that Paul has. It has enabled me to get to stay at home with the kids for almost 10 years now. Even if we can't go everywhere and do everything we want, we have a really great life and I know we are truly blessed. Dreamworks has been at a tough spot lately. Not made the best decisions for the direction of their movies and unfortunately, they have paid for it. There have been multiple rounds of layoffs over the last two years and luckily Paul has escaped all of them. Well, last week they held a company wide meeting announcing that they are closing down PDI, which was their original studio from back in the day and is located in Northern CA. There are about 400-500 people up there, half of which are going to lose their job. The other half will be relocated down here if they would like to make the move. But it also means more layoffs down here at their Glendale Campus to accomodate the people that will be moving down here from San Fransisco. It's been a rollar coaster of ups and downs wondering how many rounds of layoffs Paul can withstand. He still has yet to have his meeting for this "installment" of layoffs, but we are feeling pretty confident that he will be kept on. And hopefully with the changes they have made, and the people they have moved into important positions, the company will be able to turn around in the next year or two (or three) and start producing more consistantly great movies again. Instead of hit and miss.
Anyway, having said all of that, it's still a great place to work and I don't think Paul would leave unless he didn't have a choice. Carter and I got to go meet him for lunch the day after all this news hit the press. So there was definitely an energy at work that is not usually there, but it was still a fun day to visit. We got to see Paul for lunch and walk around the beautiful campus. Plus Carter got to play a little foosball with his Dad so he was a happy boy!



2 comments:
I am sure everything will be ok. Love you all
We will keep you guys in our prayers!!! And loved your Carpenteria post.... I haven't been there in years!!! I should take my kids!!!
Post a Comment