For Leah's birthday celebration she got to pick two friends to go down to Griffith Park with and ride the ponies. Her poor other friend got sick the morning of her party and couldn't come. We were super sad but Leah was thrilled to still have Gracie.
These two are just adorable. I have such great memories of my elementary bff's and I'm so very happy that my girls have found good friends to travel through the kid years with.
Each ticket was just two laps around the arena, so they both got 5 tickets and got to go for a fun little ride.
Afterward we took a swing around the arena on the wagon.
Right as we were leaving Leah started saying her face was itching and her eye was starting to turn red. I knew what that meant. Poor thing is allergic to horses. SO SO SO sad. Luckily we were leaving anyway, but she was pretty heartbroken about it. She really loves horses. I gave her some benedryl and within an hour or so her eye was looking better and she wasn't itchy anymore.
On the way home we stopped for lunch at Chili's where the girls laughed and chatted like teenagers.
Then back home with the family for cake and presents.
The annual matching shirt from Gracie. So adorable!
Leah got a new outfit, a boogie board tablet she's been wanting and a magic set full of fun tricks.
That night we took her to Target to spend her money from Grammy and Pop Pop. She was dying for a pogo stick, but didn't have enough money. All of the sudden I remembered that I had gotten her one for Christmas but had not given it to her. So it worked out quite well for her as she ended up with yet another present and still got to spend her money from Grammy and Pop Pop too. This is one lucky girl I tell ya!
The next day (Sunday) was her actual Birthday. She got breakfast in bed. Her request was bacon and pop tarts. Then we headed to church where she counted the minutes until her ACTUAL birth (2:17 pm). Then she was OFFICIALLY 9!
I sure love this girl. She definitely gives me a run for my money, but she is loving and kind and really has such a great heart. She tries her best and is always the first to apologize when she knows she's upset me. Now to get her to practice piano without whining. Not sure I'll ever win that battle, but someday….if I'm lucky…..she'll thank me for all those years of making her practice (because no, she's not quitting!)
Happy Birthday my little Leah Peah! I'm one lucky momma to call you MINE!


















1 comment:
Aw, what a great bday celebration. She looks so happy. Bummer she's allergic, though :(
Post a Comment