Sunday, March 29, 2015

Getting back to normal life

The day after we got home from our Boston trip was pretty much a blur. I was so tired from the late flight home and then getting up early that I stayed in my pj's all day and slowly unpacked, cleaned my house and hung out with the kids. It was kind of a perfect re-entry back to real life though so I was glad I had a slow day.

I was sitting at the dinner table with Brandon and noticed his arm. It was totally swollen and had these two little bite marks. I asked him what happened and he was like…uh…I don't know! My guess is a spider bit him. How he didn't feel it, I do not know because it was pretty irritated looking. I pulled out some essential oils and slathered up his arm. I can't say oils are a cure all for everything, but they definitely have their place and totally helped in this case. Within a day the swelling had gone way down and it healed up quite nicely in no time. There were some pretty big holes in his arm from the fangs of the spider though. It was crazy!




This boy has taken off reading. I'm so proud of him. He is doing super good in his AR reading at school and has gotten a 100% on every test he has taken all year. That's over 30 books. I'm almost nervous for the day he misses a question. I hope it doesn't crush him.

He likes to read books that are way over his level. Books like Diary of a Wimpy kid. I just let him because I don't want to squash his desire to read and I figure even if he can't take a test on it and even if he doesn't understand all the words, it's got to be doing some good right?  I went in to check on him one night before heading to bed and found him asleep with his book in his face. He must have literally fallen asleep reading. Cute boy!


The day my mom flew home we went to breakfast together while all the kiddos were at school. It was fun to have some one on one time with my mom. It doesn't happen very often….or like EVER. I got pancakes with an egg on top (super yummy if you've never tried it). These pancakes were HUGE though. I mean seriously, they made my egg look like a pat of butter.




Found this light refreshing sparkling water at Cost Plus World Market. It had just a hint of cucumber and was quite delicious. I've never seen anything like it.


My silly boy playing with my sunglasses one morning while I was at school volunteering.


We missed the official screening of Home because we were in Boston, but luckily DW did a smaller screening of it on the campus the night before it came out in theaters. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It was a really cute movie and we all really enjoyed it.




Paul got his cintique at work a month or so ago and has been loving having it. It's basically one big computer tablet for drawing. 


Carter took a turn drawing on it as well. Hard to see, but he drew a little person. I love 4 year old versions of stick people. They're just so cute!
Basically a head with arms and legs coming out of it.


I decided to get myself some clippers to cut Carter's hair myself. It was a bit shorter than I was going for, but it turned out okay. I think next time I better just finger cut the top instead of using an attachment. 



No comments: