Tuesday, March 29, 2016

New Carpet

So I scored myself some free carpet by opening a Home Depot Credit Card. Didn't even activate the card, but was happy to get the carpet. Honestly I think they were happy to get rid of it too because they gave me two rolls instead of one just to get it out of their store. I guess some guy bought it and then decided he didn't like it, so he left it at the store. Home Depot can't send it back to the factory because it was already cut, so they decided to give it away. Lucky for me that some dude has enough money to throw around like that, cuz it saved me over $1,200. There was only enough carpet to do the kids room, but that's okay because I didn't pick it out, so it wouldn't have been my first choice. But ironically enough it is almost exactly like the carpet we already have upstairs, just new. So the kids were thrilled to get soft fluffy new carpet and I was happy to save some money. We just had to pay for padding and installation. 






See...happy boys! And the kids are all really good about not wearing their shoes on the new carpet now. Even they understand they need to keep it nice. Whew! 




No comments: