Friday, August 15, 2008

Busy Week

It's been an exciting week around our household. On Monday, Grammy came into town. On Tuesday we had a Birthday Party for Ashlyn at a local park. On Wednesday, Ashlyn turned the BIG 5! And on Thursday, Ashlyn started Kindergarten. I can't believe it. She did so well and was so excited.


Grammy hand knit these beautiful Princess hats for the girls. I wish you could see them up close. They really are amazing. I would have never guessed that they were handmade.


Well, at least Grammy is smiling.


We had pizza, water games, a Giselle Pinata and (per Ashlyn's request) sugar cookies decorated to look like little birthday cakes.


Here are two of Ashlyn's favorite little buddies. They are so cute playing together.


Gotta show off the new backpack. It's a Tinkerbell backpack and Ashlyn just loves it. Doesn't she look so grown up. Aw...... I just love this girl!


And off she goes. There's her teacher in the front. Paul and I want to buy one of those homes up on the hill. Don't they look nice (even from the back). I think it's a pipe dream though.


And, of course, my little Leah. She's so cute. She's been a good girl this week. She did so well with all the attention Ashlyn has been getting with her birthday and school and such. She even got Ashlyn two new Hello Kitty pens as a birthday gift, and I think she was more excited to give them to Ashlyn, than Ashlyn was to receive them. She may be a little hard to deal with at times, but she sure has a sweet little heart. Look at that smile. Just melts my heart.

9 comments:

Beth said...

Okay - Leah looks gorgeous in that picture... and so grown up. I can't believe Ashlyn went to Kindergarten. I'm so glad she loved it. Time flies... before we know it, it will be Leah and Tyler. Hope to see you guys this week!

Carlie said...

Kindergarten already?! How fun! Your girls are both so beautiful and they look so completely different too! And your little guy is darling- smile or no smile!
You are so much braver than I am wanting to live on that hill- doesn't CA have a lot of earthquakes? Hmm... :0)

Luv2run said...

Cute family. You are kids are so cute.

Michelle said...

Okay how stinkin' cute are those hats?!?! And Ashlyn looks so grownup with her backpack at school! Cute stuff.

casey.chelsea.cali said...

Thanks for the advice on the swing and bouncer! LOVE the post by the way. Ashlyn looks adorable for her first day of school. Me, my mom, and Syds were all looking at the pictures last night and we all agree you should put a picture of the decorated cookies on the blog. If you have one that is. Tell Ashlyn I am so excited for her to be in Kindergarten. Oh and as time goes on ask her what she likes most about her teacher. My girlfriend Brooke is a first time Kindergarten teacher and starts today. I'm sure she'll want to hear some good input.

Brittany and Marcin said...

How is Ashlyn 5 already???!!! Your kids are getting so big. I can't wait to see you all in a month or so!

Nanette said...

Did you cry when Ashlyn went to school?! *sigh* they grow up so fast!

Kerri said...

Wow, Ashlyn is in kindergarten! You must be so proud to see her growing up so well! She looks so sweet with her backpack! I am totally dreading it with Tyler. My heart is going to break that day, but it has to happen sometime!

Kristen said...

and it begins! the growing up! the constant, "wait, you can't be THIS big yet! stop it!"

now I know why we get grey hairs...