Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Uncle Steve is home

Home from Iraq that is. Where he has been for the past 6 months. Every once in a while Ashlyn would ask me if Uncle Steve was "STILL fighting the war", to which I had to keep saying, "yes, he is". Well, I finally don't have to say that anymore.

Last weekend him and his wife, Soul, came up from San Diego to spend the day with us. And, of course, they brought gifts for the kids (rather LARGE gifts that is). Brandon was all into his basketball hoop and the girls were ecstatic to play in their new princess castle and dress up clothes.

(sorry about the Christmas picture. I didn't get one of him while he was here.)




Thanks so much for coming up. It was great to see you guys. So glad you're back from "fighting the war".

4 comments:

Beth said...

That's awesome he is back. I'm glad you're starting Brandon on the basketball already. Tyler will be happy to give him some pointers.

Nanette said...

Yea!!

Carlie said...

Glad he got home safe and can spoil your kids like that! That is some Uncle! Your kids look like they are in heaven. I just can't get enough smiles from your little guy!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

Oh my!! I bet your girls were in heaven. They probably play in that castle every minute they can.

I got your text the other day and I plan on sending out that email today. So much for doing a good job of taking over your role as the christmas list emailer!!!!