If you haven't read the last book in Stephenie Meyer's series, Breaking Dawn, and you don't want to know what happens, than don't read this post.
Having said that, this blog post should more appropriately be named "Me and Stephenie Meyer"
Now, I'm not going to pretend for one half of one second that I could write a book series, or even a book, or even one paragraph of one book. I couldn't. But I am going to say that me and Stephenie Meyer must think alike. Why you ask?Because I love happy endings. And never, not ever, have I read a book or seen a movie that has had more of a Happily Ever After happy ending than this book. Really....I mean not only does Bella end up with her perfect husband, Edward, who hangs on her every word and it willing to "offer" her to her best friend Jacob (in order to keep her from dying), she also gets to keep "her Jacob" in her life, gets a beautifully perfect half human, half vampire baby girl (who is NOT going to die anytime soon), gets to keep her dad in her life (thanks to her extraordinary ability to resist human blood), has a wonderful new family, a perfect cottage home, never has to sleep (which those of us who have read the book, know what that means... HA HA), and is transformed into a supermodel type person with all the grace and confidence she lacked as a human. Then to top it all of, she gets to be the hero and saves the day when the "bad vampires" come to attack. WOW! I don't even think I could have thought of a better happily ever after ending. Stephenie Meyer left no loose ends to tie up, and no questions unanswered (someone should see about her getting together with the writer and directors of LOST). She even cleared up the "slight mystery" with Nahuel there at the end of the book. I'm SO impressed (I know sarcasm doesn't translate well into written word, so please insert some).
I did really like the whole series though. I can't pick one book out above the rest. I liked them all for different reasons. They were a fun read to be taken lightly and with a sense of humor. Definitely!
And I know the naming of the baby is, well, put quite simply....not so great. But consider this (and sorry to my Mom and Dad and maybe Grandma Sally, and also my poor sister. Please don't take offense.) My mom and dad named my older sister CharAnn. It's a combination of Charlie (my dads name) and Ann (my maternal Grandma's middle name). Except it isn't pronounced CHarAnn, like in CHarlie. It's pronounced SHarAnn. But never, not ever, has my poor sister ever gone by that name. Instead, my parents called her by her middle name, which is Desiree, and she has had to correct teacher after teacher, year after year about what her name really is and how you pronounce it. Ha...poor sissy! I love you. Despite it all, I think she really loves her name. So no doubt that Renesmee will also. No worries!
As a final note, I don't think it would make a good movie. Here is the reason why (click here). Hopefully they'll figure out how to wrap it up nicely in three movies, not four.
4 comments:
I LOVE that you wrote this long post about Breaking Dawn! And yes, how ironic that you have so many similarities with Stephenie Meyer. Random. And your sister's name is cool I think. I can appreciate what SM was going for with naming the child Renesme (sp?), but I think she should've named her Carlie (which was her middle name after Charlie and Carlisle). SO much cuter. I love the link to that blog too. So true. I even read an interview with SM saying that she couldn't imagine them trying to create Renesme in a movie. It seems impossible to her, at least right now.
And I always think about you and the happy endings thing. :) Glad you FINALLY finished all four books.
I've always liked my sisters name too. I was just making the comment cuz it is quite an unusual name.
And I agree, Carlie would have been better. Especially since Bella has a better relationship with her dad than her mom.
And yes, Beth, I'm SO glad I'm done. I've missed sleep trying to get this book finished. I'm so behind everyone else, that's why I didn't think it was a big deal to basically tell the ending of the book on my blog.
you totally put to paper all the stuff i was thinking while reading this. it was a 750 page book with ZERO conflict. but still a fun read. laura and i saw the movie and found it quite entertaining.
so you did or didn't like it? i thought it was okay...i'm not for characters who get everything they want when they want it. i like a little conflict and struggle. i don't know. but still, it was entertaining and i couldn't put it down. so it did the job!
Post a Comment