The word is getting out. We bought a house! We are SO super excited. It came as quite a surprise to even us. But we found a great place, the location is perfect (except that it bumps us just out of our ward boundaries), and the price was right. We put in an offer thinking it would take at least a couple of weeks before we heard back (since it's bank owned), but to our surprise our realtor called us two days later and told us the bank accepted our offer (Even though we weren't the highest bid. Gotta hand it to having good credit). We are hoping to close by the end of this month (middle of February at the latest) and move in by the end of February. The house does definitely need some work. The previous owners did not take care of it and must have been pretty mad when they were kicked out, cuz they did what they could to mess it up. So we will be getting new appliances, painting the whole house, and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. It's four bedrooms, 2 1/2 bath and a little over 2100 square feet. And the best part is that is has a yard. Not a large one, but a decent enough one for the kids to run around and play. We'll keep you updated as time goes on, but in the meantime here is a picture of the outside.

15 comments:
I totally suck! I can't believe it was your birthday, why didn't you remind me when I saw you! Ahhh, I give myself "Loser friend of the year award." It was AWESOME to see you!
i need details. love it love it and am so jealous. i want to be your neighbor. let me know.
Congrats on your house!! How exciting-you just have to be so excited to have a yard-it's the best!! It looks so cute on the outside~!
Right On! I truly am happy to watch any kiddos or help with the packing! I'm excited for you guys.... oh to have a yard again... someday my friends. Hope you have a house warming party!
Ahh! You bought a house!?!?!? I'm so excited for you and it looks perfect! congratulations!!
Congratulations!! That is so exciting! It is a beautiful house! You'll have to invite us over once you are settled in! That is a great way to start the New Year!
Yay! Congrats. The house is so pretty! Make sure to take before and after pictures of all the fixing up you do! Good luck with your resolution too!
Congrats Amber! Cute house. So just wanted to say thanks for your comment on my blog. It is Dawn Andrus. I know you didn't know her really well, but say a little prayer for her if you don't mind. She's had a pretty rough couple of days.
That is great! congrats! so what ward will you be in? you will be missed, but I'm sure we will still be seeing you! have fun decorating!
I'm so excited for you guys!! But, now I won't have a Visiting Teaching companion :( Cute house!! Can't wait to see it!!!
Congratulations Amber! That is so wonderful. I am so happy for you. Enjoy your wonderful home.
Wahoo! You will love Mint Canyon...it's a great ward! Where exactly is it? I am sad I won't be in your ward:(
wow! congratulations! that is so exciting for you guys. i hope the "renovations" are fun rather than tedius!
It is so cute! I can't wait to see the inside (when it's all done, of course)! But we will miss you SOOOOOO much!
Such an upgrade from that apartment in Van Nuys! Congrats!
Post a Comment