Thursday, January 28, 2010

American Girl

I have walked past this store at The Grove COUNTLESS times. Never even thought to go in. Well, last weekend I went there with my friend Rebecca and my two girls, and OH MY GOODNESS! It is doll heaven. I have seriously NEVER seen such hard core doll lovers. There was a doll beauty salon, doll hospital, doll ear piercing station, doll cafe, and doll exhibits EVERYWHERE! It was incredible. My girls wanted every single one of them and excitedly ran from room to room to see the next doll. It was very cute, until Leah started whining when I told her we weren't getting one (do you know how EXPENSIVE those dolls are? The cheap ones are $100.00. Seriously). Anyway, it was fun to walk around and look at everything. In the end, I let the girls both pick out a "miniature"(and much less expensive) doll to take home. They seemed happy with that. Afterward we went to a fun little restaurant called "The Farm", right there at The Grove. Another place I had never gone into on previous visits. But honestly, if I had Brandon with me, I wouldn't have gone. It was a yummy little brunch/lunch place. Rebecca and I had a very delicious omelet(our own, not shared), while the girls enjoyed their favorite....cheese pizza. Lastly we rode on the trolley around The Grove and then headed home. It was a fun day and nice to be with just my girls and Rebecca. I'm excited to do more girly outings in the future. Thanks for the fun idea Rebecca. It was a great day!






On the trolley. Ashlyn was NOT happy with me that we didn't go up to the top. Ended up being a good thing because they make all the people on the top get off at the Farmer's Market. But because we were at the bottom, we got to ride the trolley back. Made for a much shorter walk back to the car. Especially since once we got to the parking lot, I realized I had not even paid attention to where I had parked. Not what level I was on or ANYTHING. That is SO not like me. I don't know what I was thinking. But thanks to Rebecca, who told me to push my panic button, we were able to find the car after only three levels. haha....I'm such a dork sometimes.

1 comment:

tphillips said...

how fun! I love the grove!