Sunday, April 11, 2010

Another car conversation

I'm getting to really enjoy these funny little conversations I've been having with Ashlyn in the car lately. So interesting to see her grow up and come up with ideas all on her own. Here is what transpired as we drove to church today.

Ashlyn: Mom, when you were learning to drive, were you really excited?

Me: YES, I love being able to drive.

Ashlyn: I'm excited to learn to drive too. I can't learn yet though huh?

Me: No, you have to be 15 before you start learning to drive.

Ashlyn: Yeah, but wouldn't it be funny if I learned to drive now?

Me: Well, you would have to sit in your booster seat and you'd probably not be able to reach the peddles, so I don't really think that would work. Plus, if a cop saw you, he might pull you over and give you a ticket.

Ashlyn: Well, ACTUALLY Mom, I think YOU would get the ticket because you're the parent and you're the one that let me drive.

Me: Ashlyn you are very right. I would get the ticket. So let's just say you won't be driving any time soon.

Ashlyn: Okay, but I am excited.


7 comments:

Sydney said...

I love the conversations you post! They are hilarious and totally give you an idea of how your kids really are! I cant wait to see you guys in Florida!!!! Not to much longer

Jenn said...

haha! I had to read this to Jeff and he got a laugh too! She's too cute!

Camille said...

Haha!!! She totally hit that on the money!! You would be in trouble, not HER!!! Funny girl!!!

Beth said...

I love that story.

RachelAA said...

Yeah mom might get locked up - haha, funny story.

Desiree Strong said...

I LOVE that girl! She's so smart!

Dana said...

Ashlyn, you're brilliant. I luv ya, Grandma