Did you know I have two step sisters? Well, I do. And they both live here in Southern CA. Problem is, they live SOUTH of LA and I live NORTH of LA. So getting together is always a problem. But this past Saturday was Laura's baby shower, so I set my mind to it that I was gonna make it down there. Even if it was a two hour drive each way. After all, it's been probably 2 years since I've been down there. And I'm so glad I did. It was so fun to see them and get to celebrate her new little baby that will be here soon. I just wish that darn BIG OLE CITY wasn't in our way of getting together more often.
Aren't these paintings awesome. Her friend actually hand painted them for her. I was so impressed.
Ashton helping his Grandma cut the cake.
Laura and her cake (made by her very talented sister, Jeanette).
Ashton, the big brother!
Chuck and Laura
Me and my two step sisters, Jeanette and Laura
Laura's niece, Emily, who was by far the youngest guest there, won the "Guess how big Laura's belly is" game.
4 comments:
Some people are SO talented. How fun!
Was that YOU that made the cake????
Oh, haha Beth. I see how that could have been confusing. NO, I didn't make the cake. I wouldn't have called myself so talented. Haha...Jeanette made it. She's actually really good and does cakes quite a bit.
Don't you wish we could have all of our favorite people live around you?!
What an awesome cake!!
Post a Comment