Monday, January 3, 2011

Carter's Baby Blessing

The day after Christmas was another busy one for our family. Since we had so much of Paul's side of the family in town, we decided it would be a nice time to bless Carter. I must admit, I was pretty worn out from Christmas and was kind of wishing we had waited to bless him on another day. But when it was all said and done, I was glad we were able to do it while Paul's family was here. That way his Dad and brother were able to be in the circle with Paul to bless little Carter. My brother also came, which was nice for me to have him there. (Thanks for remembering this time Ty.)

Unfortunately though, with all the craziness of Christmas, I didn't think to invite anyone else. So I'm really sorry if you are reading this and wondering why I didn't tell you about it. I've been a bit sleep deprived. I wasn't thinking straight.

Paul did a really nice job on the baby blessing, as usual. We are so very grateful to have this special little guy in our family. I know everyone probably says this about their own children, but I truly do feel like he was meant to be in our family. As hard as it was to be pregnant and as much as I hate labor/delivery/recovery (the whole shebang), I am so glad we have him. I couldn't be more blessed to have the children that I do. They are sweet and wonderful (and often quite crazy and sometimes naughty). They bring out the best (and the worst) in me. But they are mine and I wouldn't want it any other way!

The whole Schoeni clan (minus Steve's wife and daughter who weren't able to make it to the blessing).


Take away Pop Pop and insert my brother.


Just the six of us!


Okay, so picture taking wasn't all that smooth. I didn't care if they were both crying, I just wanted a family photo! This will just go down in the memory books as "life as usual".



Totally unrelated, but as soon as we got home, Leah changed, grabbed her 'laptop' and headed for the trampoline.



4 comments:

RachelAA said...

I think the family picture is perfect. And you're gorgeous. And Leah, HELLO LOVE that picture.

liz said...

Amber, I think you're just getting more beautiful, and I didn't think that was possible! I'm glad you have a crying kid picture, those are the most fun to laugh at down the road.

tphillips said...

I am so sad to have missed the blessing :(
But seriously those family pictures are so great! I love them!

tphillips said...

oh and that trapoline is PERFECT...how fun!