Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Minivan...really??

I must admit, I have been known as a Minivan hater. I swore up and down that I would never...not ever, own one. Not me. No way, no how! Really and truly........That was then!

This is NOW! It took having four kids, but all I can say about it is that I am IN LOVE! I find myself wanting to go somewhere just to be able to easily load the kids and the groceries and the stroller and STILL have room to breathe. I have come over from the dark side. And I won't go back. Not until the kids are older, that is.

Having said that, I secretly (ok, not so secretly) love that we kept my Highlander. It's now Paul's car. But that's okay. He deserves a nice car after having to drive my old old metro that we bought when we were first married. Ironically enough, when he went to go clean it up and get it ready to sell, it wouldn't start. I would say it was divine intervention that we got this car when we did. Life is such a blessing and I love it!

5 comments:

tphillips said...

I think everyone who owns a minivan said at one point that they would NEVER own one. Well at least i did. BUT seriously talk about LIFESAVER/ TIMESAVER! Suits you well girl! You rock it!

Camille said...

Yes, I was the same way. And Kevin said the same thing...that no wife of his would ever drive and mini-van!! HA!!! Look at us now!! You picked a good one...but, then I have basically the same one ; )

RachelAA said...

Awww I love those tender mercies! Congrats again. I was even telling Andrew the other day after I saw you that the color you got is awesome for a van :) Seriously, good choice.

embot said...

Rock on! pretty color, too!

Dana said...

Great looking car, Amber! I'm so happy for you and for Paul.