I was suppose to go to the zoo today with some friends. But when I got to thinking about my nursing baby and my VERY recently potty trained 2 (almost 3) year old at a crowded zoo, I changed my mind. I knew I had to take the kids somewhere today. I WANTED to take them somewhere. It is Spring Break after all. But where? Then I remembered that last year during Spring Break I went to the Fish Hatchery with my good friend Becky and we had a lot of fun. So this year I drug my 9 month pregnant friend Tina along for the ride. The weather was actually really nice (cooler than I remember it being last year. Or maybe it was the same and it only felt warmer because I was 6 or 7 weeks pregnant and COMPLETELY exhausted last year). The kids ran around for a good 30 minutes and fed all the trout. We brought picnic lunches and sat in the shade to eat. Then on the way home, we stopped at "Shave it" for a nice refreshing snow cone. Yum! It was a nice day.
And as I side note, I was very glad I didn't end up the zoo since Brandon had his first potty accident while we were at the Hatchery. It wasn't too bad, but was MUCH more manageable with no crowds and a bathroom conveniently located across the parking lot.
1 comment:
This place sounds cool! Glad you found something fun to do!!!
Post a Comment