Sunday, April 10, 2011

The joy of picture taking

Granted it was 9:30 at night and my kids are NOT use to staying up that late. But we were determined to try and get a few photos of all the cousins together. 

First the babies. Carter is almost exactly 4 months older than the twins and I think at least twice their size.
Not too bad right? The babies cooperated fairly well considering none of them can really sit up. Carter was too tired to get to smile. But at least he's looking at the camera in the second shot.
Khloe is on the left and Kylan on the right. They were little angels.



Then we tried for a group shot. First Grandma is trying to console Leah because Brandon sat down by Blaike but she wanted to sit by Blaike.


We got Leah to cooperate (although not very cheerfully), but Brandon decided to be a stinker and not only would he not let Leah sit by Blaike, he didn't want her by HIM. Plus Carter is about done here.


When Leah wouldn't move over, he took matters into his own hands.


But look, now he's happy and Leah's still upset.


So we tried another approach. Leah seemed happy to have Carter, but then Brandon decided it would be fun to keep his hand in his mouth even though we asked him to move it REPEATEDLY. He wasn't budging.


Notice Blaike, Kamron, Khloe and Kylan through out all the photos. Smiling and happy. Oh and of course Ashlyn was good. I shouldn't leave her out. Oh well, good thing we live close. Lots of photo opportunities in the future. Someday we'll get good ones. Perhaps we'll try morning next time. That would probably help. At least it would help my kids anyway.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I think the mis-behaving kids are what give the pictures character!!! LOL!!! Just think what fun you will have years down the road remembering this moment and laughing over it!!! I think cousin pictures are so cute!!! I LOVE the one with Carter and the girls....he is already a ladies man, I see ; )

tphillips said...

I love your play by play of how the pictures went ddown...I think any mom can relate. and seriously carter being next to the twins makes him look so old!!! Crazy what a difference 4 months makes!