Sometimes it's nice to just sit back and think about what you did during the week. Here are a few of the highlights. Good and bad.
Upped Brandon's speech therapy to twice a week instead of once a week. I'm glad I said something to the teacher because technically he only qualified for once a week, and I don't think she is allowed to increase it without a parent requesting it. But as soon as I asked, she said yes and that she felt he needed twice a week anyway. So he now goes Monday and Wednesday from 11:30-noon. It makes my schedule a little more hectic (mostly cuz I have to try and keep Carter awake until we get home so his nap isn't ruined), but I know it will be worth it in the end. Brandon is working hard on his "s" sound and I've noticed a bit of an improvement. I know it takes time with kids as young as he is.
Went to the movies (one of my favorite things to do) Tuesday night. Movie was good, but depressing. Seriously, on the way home me and my friend talked about how awful it would be if our husbands and/or kids died. Incase you were wondering we saw, "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close".
Started back at "Ladybug Music" with Carter. He loves going. When the music CD comes on in the car, he starts to clap. It's adorable.
Went to my first "Saints Bootcamp" class on Wednesday morning. My friends have been trying to get me to go for forever I think. I'm glad I finally went. It was a great workout and I seriously can barely walk up and down the stairs today, my legs are so sore. Looking forward to spin class on Saturday morning. Gotta get on a better eating schedule or I'm just gonna be bulking up instead of trimming down.
Going on a mommy/daughter date tonight with Ashlyn. She wants to head to the mall to see if she can find a new Calico Critter for her budding collection. She only has $10.00 from her allowance and those little dolls are expensive so I told her not to get her hopes up. I'm sure we'll get an ice cream or some little treat, which I guess won't help the "trimming down" part, but oh well.
Leah has her Daddy/daughter date tomorrow night. She's planning on hitting "Toys R us" with her allowance money. I try to tell them if they would save it, they could get something better, but they get too excited about buying something. Guess I can't blame them.
Went to the park three times so far this week. Might go once more. We are lucky to have nice weather and great friends to go with.
Speaking of friends, I am anxiously waiting for my friend to look at a rental house down the street from me. Hoping her and her hubby like it and they will be making the big move up to Santa Clarita. The land of the minivans (lucky for her she already has one). Haha... Her appointment to see the place got postponed so I might have to wait a bit longer to find out anything.
Only had a couple of meltdown fights with Brandon this week. That's good actually. He's a hard nosed one. I've got to work on being more patient with him. But over all he's pretty sweet and has been "helping" me up and down the stairs since my legs are so sore today (pathetic on my part I know).
Had an awful nights sleep Wednesday night with little man who's diaper leaked at 12:30 in the morning. Got him cleaned up and changed, but then he refused to go back to sleep until almost three in the morning. I guess it was paybacks for him going to bed so easily last night (should have known it was too good to be true). Went out and bought overnight diapers. Here's hoping they work. I am making progress with getting him to bed though. It was taking quite a while there for a bit. He's learning I'm not going to rock him to sleep though. It's been hard on us both I think.
Bought new shoes for Carter. Seems he wears a 5 1/2 and I've been shoving his poor little foot into a 3 1/2. No wonder he's been popping the velcro right off. I know... you'd think I would have figured it out sooner, this being my fourth kid and all. Well, I did know they were getting small. I just didn't realize HOW small. In my defense, the 5 1/2's are a bit big. Thought I'd give him some growing room.
Bought new shoes for Carter. Seems he wears a 5 1/2 and I've been shoving his poor little foot into a 3 1/2. No wonder he's been popping the velcro right off. I know... you'd think I would have figured it out sooner, this being my fourth kid and all. Well, I did know they were getting small. I just didn't realize HOW small. In my defense, the 5 1/2's are a bit big. Thought I'd give him some growing room.
In Paul's news, he's showing his model of "Stoic" (the dad in How to Train your Dragon Part 2) today to JK (that's Jeffery Katsenburg incase you didn't know). Might be showing him even as I type. Cool huh! I know it'll go great. He's been working hard on him for a while now.
And the best news of the week (well besides the fact that Paul and I get to go on a date Saturday night), I didn't lose Carter this week. Not even once. Yay! Go me. (hahaha...)
And as a funny side note: Brandon was playing "Plants vs. Zombies" on my IPad a little while back when he says to me. "Ahhh...I'm so bad at this game...them always eat my brains!" I had a good laugh about that.
Oh and I read 5 1/2 books last month. That has GOT to be a record for me. By a long shot even. Now I am having to take a break from reading and catch up on all the things I neglected while I was reading.
4 comments:
that was really fun to read about your week! :-) and seriously 5 1/2 books...go you!
Brandons comment about the zombies had me crying with laughter! I had to share it with Danny.
What a good week. Now, what are those book titles? :)
Well, I read the hunger game series so that was three books. Then I read "The Wednesday Wars" and "Okay for Now". Both GREAT books. Then I finished "These is my Words" (at the beginning of the month).
Yes! Yes! Get me up there by you. Better yet in your ward!!!! Eyes peeled people. We are totally ready.
Oh, and Ashlyn can get Calico Critters babies I think. I think they're less than $10 (or around $10). Audrey is still so into them. I love them! (She might also be able to get furniture. We just got bunk beds on Amazon for less than $10).
Post a Comment