Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Spotlight on Carter

I'm almost a month behind, but Carter had his 18 month check up the end of April. He was a champ. No shots cuz he was a little under the weather, so we have to go back for that. I can't remember all of his exact stats, but he is 25th% for weight, 50th% for head and about 75th% for height. Approximately. He's dropped down in the weight a bit, probably due to the fact that he only eats baby food and drinks milk. (well at least at that time). 

So just as I was starting to look into occupational therapy to get him eating solids, he ate an alphabet cookie. I must say I was shocked. He had been carrying them around for a while, with occasionally bringing it to his mouth, but had never actually eaten it. Well, he totally did! It was a VERY exciting day. Since then he has eaten them every day and has branched out to liking Vanilla Wafers and graham crackers as well. I'm so excited to be making some progress. I'm still looking into occupational therapy, but in the mean time, I have a friend who is one and specializes in feeding issues (Talk about a huge blessing. Wish I had known her when Ashlyn was a baby.). She gave me some other tips to help him start eating more lumpy textured foods. It's a very slow process, but it'll come. I'm sure of it. 

Other than that, Carter is doing really well. He's sleeping great, napping great, saying more and more words all the time, communicating some with sign language, playing with friends and just running around being a happy little 18 month old. Not to say he's not into everything. HE TOTALLY IS! And he pretty much exhausts me on a daily basis, but that's pretty par for the course. Oh and he doesn't like to stay in nursery by himself (but honestly I can't blame him. It's craziness in there).

I was at the store yesterday and some lady looked at him and said, "wow. well isn't he just perfect"! To which I said, "why yes, yes he is!" I can't be humble when it comes to him. He's got a smile to die for and an adorable little personality to match. (Just don't ask me how fun he is to have around when he's sick though. I might have something totally different to say). 
Here are some random pictures of my little cute guy! 







Update: Ok, so he pooped in the bathtub tonight. I guess no one's perfect! We still love you little guy!

4 comments:

hannah said...

it's a great age.... exhausting.... but great.

Phillips Family said...

I seriously LOVE this boy! He is the cutest! Boo for poop in the bathtub...blah! But still cute...him not the poop.

Lauren said...

Lily sure does Love Him!!! ;)

RachelAA said...

How great to have that friend help you out. I'm glad he's improving - how exciting for everyone. Try some tofu :) Handsome little man.