Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Presidents Day

We definitely packed in all the fun we could into one day. We spent the day with the Osmond's and went out to Ventura. First stop was a playground shaped like a pirate ship by the ocean. Very cool. The kids ran around and played. We had lunch and a fun little game of kickball. Next up was bike riding. We rented those big family sized bikes and took off for an hour. Rode along the beach some and through the neighborhoods. It was great, although a little more help from the kids would have been nice. It was mostly me and Paul peddling while the kids enjoyed the ride. Nothing like hauling four kids on a big ole bike. It was still lots of fun. At least I liked it anyway. Paul might not have so much! haha...

After our bike ride, we drove over to another park where there was a stone pirate ship literally ON the beach with another play ground right off of the beach. The kids had a blast running back and forth, going on the zipline and climbing on rocks at the shore. 

At the end of the day we finally came to the BEST part of the trip. CAFE RIO! It was divine and I'm counting the days until we can make a trip out to Ventura again. 

The drive home was a bit long. We hit a couple of wrecks, but the kids were troopers and had fun playing in the back. By the time we got home, it was bath time and bed time. We were exhausted, but in the best possible way!

This picture is hilarious to me. Hyrum really had no chance.




Carter wasn't too into playing kickball so I played a little baseball with him. He's not bad for a two year old. It was a windy day though and he kept having us move because he said the wind was messing him up. Too funny!


Getting ready to head out!


Carter liked to ring the bell. A LOT!


Ashlyn was the only one tall enough to help peddle. She didn't though. Or maybe she tried, but we couldn't tell. 



A rare photo of all eight kids. Aren't they adorable!



Randomly ran into Elmo and Donald Duck. Not sure what they were doing, but the kids thought it was fun to see them.




 

Yummy Yumminess! I want more.


Even Leah's caught the spirit of Cafe Rio. Look at her protecting her food. 


I was impressed with the kids at the restaurant. We either sufficiently wore them out, or they just decided to behave. It was actually a nice restaurant outing. It helped that Cafe Rio wasn't too crowded, so there was room to move around.


Carter didn't want any food, but kept himself occupied with Paul's phone.


We sure love days off with Daddy!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Did you spend your last three day weekend w/ the Osmonds too. We want an invite! Too bad I had Ladybug I guess. Oh well... someday. Looks fun.

Amber said...

Oops. Guess I'm in trouble. Sorry Beth. Blame Becky. LOL. She did the inviting! That stinks you had ladybug on a holiday though. Do people even come?

Phillips Family said...

Looks like fun! I might have to steal the family biking idea. Cute stuff!!

Beth said...

Yep...oftentimes it is packed!

Camille said...

Oh wow!! How fun!! I used to live right near the one park...off of Pierpont when I was about 10-11 years. It is a great park! I am loving the bike at the beach idea....we will have to do that soon as a family now!! Thanks for the idea!!

RachelAA said...

This really is a brilliant outing! Such a great day.