Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Some pre summer fun

There's about a billion other things I should be doing right now, but blogging seems to sound more fun...so the other things will have to wait. 

We're gearing up for summer around here. Only three more days of school left. I can't believe that means I'm on my last days with both my boys home. Brandon will be in Kindergarten so soon and then it'll just be me and Carter all day. Yikes...I don't even want to think about it yet. I'm going to miss Brandon. 

I wanted to take advantage of being at the pool with just my boys, so I grabbed a couple of friends to come join me and we had a nice Monday morning swimming, chatting and having lunch together. 

Brandon and his poses kill me these days. So expressive for a kid who wouldn't agree to even take a picture for such a LONG time.



And yes, that is my 2 1/2 year old in the pool by himself. The deep end even, which he got to by himself. He went back and forth across the pool a few times. Don't worry I was watching him closely. He had a swim vest and a floaty with him and he did really well. Only had to jump in once when he got water in his face and got disoriented. He was super proud of himself and told me he knew how to swim now. 


Went to the park in the afternoon to enjoy it before it gets too hot. Leah is a serious monkey. How she does that, I have no idea! She's amazing!


He he....silly boy!


Then this morning, I took my cute boys to the $1.00 movies to see "Parental Guidance". A movie about Grandparents coming to watch the grandkids while the parents are on vacation. Pretty funny. A bit heartwarming. But not necessarily a great kid movie. The boys did really well though and the theater wasn't too full, so Carter could walk around some and not bother anyone. Hoping to make it to more summer $1.00 movies. Cheap fun and the kids enjoy it.






3 comments:

RachelAA said...

Such good times!!! And seriously, I wish the theater would say less crowded all summer. Makes it SO much easier. You all are too cute.

Mindy said...

SHOOT! I should go see a dollar movie. How do you know what's playing?

brookeisacrazylady said...

Maybe one day i'll brave the $1 movies. and we will have to go again to the zoo to redeem it :) ahhh i love summer already.