On Friday the kids finished the school year including preschool. Brandon had his last ever day of preschool and it ended with a party at the park. We are going to miss Grandma K and Grandma B so much. They have been such amazing teachers for him and he has thoroughly loved going everyday.
Grandma K gave him a bucket with treats, two books and a photo album of pictures from the school year. Seriously amazing!
They had mini program where the kids sang a few songs and got a medal and a sticker. Brandon checked it all out and then hid behind the stone wall. See the picture below. So fitting for him to go out that way .
And he apparently wasn't in the picture taking mood when I tried to grab a shot of him and his two school buddies. Oh well. At least he posed nicely with his brother (see above).
Then when we got home from getting the girls from their last day of school, I took a quick photo of them to remember what the end of 4th, 1st and pre-k looks like. Carter was napping so he missed being in this shot. I sure love these kiddos of mine!
Then after naps, we headed over to our friends house for swimming and bbq-ing. The perfect way to wrap up the school year. Good friends, food and fun!
Saturday afternoon Leah had her FIRST ever recital and she could not have been more excited. I think she was made for the stage. She wasn't nervous at all and did a great job on her performance with her class. Afterward we went to dinner to celebrate!
I thought it was just the nicest thing that Leah's BFF, Gracie, came with her mom to watch Leah perform. And we got to go backstage during intermission so they could say hi to each other.
To say Leah was excited to see her would be a gross understatement!
Then of course at the end they got to walk out for a final applaud. She's the one in the middle. The lights were too bright for my camera.
The show ended up being 3 hours and 45 minutes long, which was a BIT much, but it was worth it to see how happy Leah was.
And when I woke up this morning, this is how I found Brandon sleeping (yes, he is still sneaking into our bedroom around midnight just about every night). I think he must have been dreaming about his relaxing summer that has just started! Haha.....










3 comments:
That picture of Leah, Ashlyn, and Brandon is so great!
That picture of your kiddos on the last day of school is perfect - such a great photo. Beautiful. And hello, I totally wish I could sleep like Brandon!
I adore that first picture of your two boys at the park! So cute! You are going to have 3 kids in all day, every day, school next year?! It is crazy!! But so exciting! And I sure wish I could sleep as soundly as Brandon is. So cute.
Post a Comment