Saturday morning started out early with Brandon's soccer game. They played the Tigers. They won 9-0 with Brandon getting one goal and one other boy getting all the rest. It sometimes feels like a one man show on that field but I guess that's what happens when one kid has been playing for 3 years already (at the age of 5). But it is really fun getting to watch Brandon. And when he isn't too tired out, he puts his all into it and really tries hard so I'm proud of him.
We had to go to Sam's club after soccer to get some stuff for the Ward Trunk or Treat that night, then we came home and hung out for about an hour or so and had lunch. Carter had fun playing with the stickers he got the night before. This kid cracks me up.
After lunch we went down to Sylmar to the Wildlife Learning Center where a friend of Paul's from work was having a book reading and signing. We got free tickets and got to watch an animal show, so it was really fun and totally worthwhile. I can't believe I've never been there before. It's literally 10 minutes from our house and even though it's small, it's a great alternative to the zoo. Especially when I have one animal loving (almost) 3 year old that asks to go to the zoo ALL THE TIME. I'll definitely be getting passes there.
Hard to see, but this is a walking stick bug. Super cool. I use to see those in FL all the time. Haven't seen one in years though.
All (or most) of the animals came to the center because of injuries or illness or because they were house pets that weren't meant to be house pets. They wouldn't be able to survive in the wild, so they are cared for and loved here. This owl only has one full wing, so he can't fly.
This bunny is the softest bunny I have ever seen. I wanted to grab him from her arms and snuggle him so bad.
Cool snake. Do you know the riddle? Red on yellow, kill a fellow. Red on black, friend of Jack. They taught it to us when I was a kid in school. Definitely necessary in FL with dangerous coral snakes around. Paul had never heard of the rhyme. Funny....I thought everyone knew it.
After that we rushed home, got changed and headed out to the Trunk or Treat. I have to admit I have never been very good at decorating my trunk or decorating myself for that matter, but the kids all looked good (except Carter wouldn't wear his costume again) and we had a really fun time. Grace got to come with Ashlyn and Gracie got to come with Leah. We sure are lucky to have great friends.
Brandon was being silly again. I was just happy to see him in his costume.
And Carter was digging the candy gathering.
This was the trunk next to us that was "just thrown together at the last minute". Uh....see my trunk above. THAT is what you call thrown together at the last minute. This trunk looked AWESOME! The winner though had a full on bowling alley in their trunk with fun halloween ghosts floating around on a flat screen TV at the back. It was really cool!
All in all it was a great night. And I was glad to come home and go to sleep instead of rushing off to the hospital to have a baby. LOL!


















5 comments:
Go Brandon! Love ya big guy.
hahahaha loved your last line. Although some nights I wouldn't mind an epidural :) Glad you guys had a good day - Tom's or no Tom's ;)
Haha!!! I cracked up over Rachel's comment!!! Your trunk was better then ours. We didn't nothing!!! Haha!! But, ours was last night, on a school night, and I had to make cupcakes, help decorate for the whole thing that morning, AND make chili for the cookoff!!!
Leah's costume looks so good!!! I almost didn't recognize her!! Happy Halloween!!
The wildlife center is very cool. The walking stick bug is also known as a praying mantis. You probably know that. We just have Wheeler's farm, somewhat lacking and a small zoo in Salt Lake. The girls and Brandon look great in costume. I see Leah wore that wig. She liked it. Carter is a crack up and still so cute. I miss all the fun. I didn't even go to our Halloween party, I had to work that night and on Halloween night. That was a very well done trunk next to yours. I don't even do that anymore at our parties. So many more adventurous people do it that I don't have to.
Ah ha ha ha! I pretty much laughed out loud at that picture of carter with the fake eyes. such a cheeseball!
Post a Comment