Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Aquarium

I LOVE the Aquarium. We have year passes and I've been trying to get back there since we got them...uh...which was over SPRING break. But for some reason or another, it never worked out to go over the summer. Probably spent too much time at the beach. Anyway, it's member appreciation month this month and since it is now FALL break, I thought what better time to go.

We have Ellie here staying with us while her parents are out of town, so she got to come with us too. She's super sweet and totally easy so it's been fun having her.

We always start our day off with lunch outside the doors.



It wasn't super crowded, which was SO nice. We got to pet lots of little creatures and get up close to all the exhibits. 


I don't know what this is, but it was WAY cool!


Seriously, this kid is SO dang handsome!



Everytime I go, I see some new little creature I haven't seen before. This crab was pretty awesome looking. I bet not much messes with him.


The leaf dragons are a definite favorite.


And it's always nice when there are no lines at the touch tanks.





We got a free cup of nectar for member appreciation month, so I got a couple more and took the kids in to the lorikeet feeding area. Funny thing was the kids were all pretty freaked out to feed them and I ended up with three cups of nectar and three birds on me. LOL. I managed to get the girls at least to hold nectar just long enough to snap some photos.







Afterward the kids always like to run up to the lighthouse and then roll down the hill a few times. 


And Leah was pretending to ride a viking ship. 


Traffic was a bit thick on the way home thanks to a wreck on the freeway, but since we had no other plans for the day, it wasn't too big of a deal. Although at one point, Brandon said to me, "I feel like we are driving back to Utah again." Haha....I think they are definitely ready for a break from the car for a while.

6 comments:

Phillips Family said...

FUN! A day in the life of FIVE kids! Love all the pix and Ashlyn is looking so old and mature. Love the bird pictures!

Beth said...

I know. Good for you for taking five kids. You guys are all super moms - seriously!! I love Ellie's face w/ the birds... trying so hard to smile. I really liked that "deep sea" section you took some shots from, very cool.

Beth said...

PS - Next time we are going together!!!

Camille said...

Oh I need to take my kids there again. It has been a long time since we have been there. And I love the pic of you with your birdie friends! You are too cute!

Mindy said...

This looks way fun! Such a good mom to give your kids these cool experiences!

Dana said...

Yikes, what a crab. I never saw one like that.

I wish I lived at your home. It is such a fun place.