Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Another great Birthday

Every year around November I start to stress that my birthday is coming and I don't want to turn another year older. But then my birthday gets here and I have such a great time celebrating and get so spoiled by all my friends and family and loved ones, that I realize getting older isn't too too hard if you have wonderful people in your life like I do. Now if only those pesky wrinkles would stop growing. 

This first picture has nothing to do with my birthday. It was actually my Christmas gift from my sister, but it came late. It ended up being perfect though because Desiree came in town the day after Christmas  which meant she was there when it came on the 27th and she got to watch me open it. It is so beautiful and I absolutely love it!! 


Ok, back to the birthday celebrating. Since all my family was leaving on my actual birthday, we celebrated a couple of nights early with an amazing dinner at Kishos. I think I must have said how much fun I was having and how yummy everything was about 50 times. It really was the perfect night and I can't remember the last time I got to celebrate it with both my siblings and my Mom! 








And a huge thanks to my sissy for doing my make up. I never do as good of a job. Even when I try. She's a true artist!


And as if dinner wasn't enough, we stopped at Cold Stone on the way home. I managed to eat all my dinner and all my dessert. You could say I was definitely indulging. I didn't even feel guilty. Just wish calories on your birthday didn't really count.


THEN…on my actual birthday I woke up to about 10 texts and 30 FB messages from friends and family wishing me a happy day. Then I came downstairs to a banner and decorations outside, a dozen fresh donuts and yummy smelling lotion from my two sweet friends Brooke and Becky. 


So to thank them, I made them get a pedicure with me. Lol! Ok, I didn't make them. But I was sure glad they wanted to come with me.



Then I came home to an "Edible Arrangement" platter from Tina who deserted me and moved to Henderson, but who I still love now that she sent me an edible arrangement (haha…just kidding Tina. I loved you anyway). Seriously, I've never gotten edible fruit as a gift and I was so excited. I've always wanted to get one. It was so good. I pretty much ate them all by myself. Ok, I shared a few, but not many. As you can see, I dived in before I even thought to take a picture.


Then that night we went to dinner at Rubio's (because Olive Garden had an hour long wait and the kids couldn't have lasted that long). It was still super delicious and I was so glad Callie could come with us. She's part of the family anyway. Leah is scowling at me because I wasn't in the picture. But someone had to take it.


Then we came home and I opened gifts from my cute family and we hung out and chatted with Callie until late into the night. It was a great weekend of celebrating and I felt so very loved. And an extra special thanks goes out to my hubby for always doing his best to make sure I'm happy, not only on my Birthday, but every day. And even when I don't deserve it. He's one of a kind and I love him! 

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

So glad you had a great birthday! Well deserved for sure.