Friday, December 12, 2014

Exciting news around here

Brandon finally got into the AR program. I don't know why but his teacher didn't test him at the beginning of the year, even though he could read simple first grade level books. So I asked her to at parent conferences and he totally passed and made it in. So now he's reading his books over and over and passing his tests with flying colors. Here's to another reader in the house.

His first book he took a test on was in honor of Callie, who loves cows. He had me take this picture to send to her. 


 We got to go to the annual "Quest for the Vest" Party at the Evan's home. Another great year. This year the theme was "movies". We ended up with some yummy gourmet homemade popcorn, a lightsaber and some movie candy. And for the first time in party history, the vest was actually stolen by someone. Jenna Livingston wanted the gift that came with the vest (which was Bullseye from Toy Story), so she actually took the vest and wore it proudly the next day at church. That is some serious mom love!


On Sunday, we got to go down to San Diego to spend the afternoon with Steve and Chelsea for Skyler's 5th Bday. The kids had a great time running around and playing and I got to try some of the biggest pizza I have EVER seen. It was good too!







Made a cute Gingerbread tree with the young women this week. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.


Especially with the addition of this beautiful nativity I ordered online from Deseret book. I'm in love with it. It's so pretty!


Ashlyn had her Winter Band concert, which I missed because of my ticket to the 12 days of giveaways on the Ellen show. I know…bad mom, but she understood and I got to watch her dress rehersal the night before so it all worked out okay.
I have fabulous friends who sent me pictures and a video of her performance.



SO…back in October I went to a normal day of taping for the Ellen show. While there, Ellen gave us all a guaranteed ticket to come back for her 12 days of giveaways. We were FREAKING out. She gives away tons of awesome prizes and we couldn't wait for our day to come back. Well, it finally came yesterday and it was so so fun! 

We ended up winning a $250 Visa Checkout card for online shopping use, a $500 gc for a Bed and Breakfast, a new three piece Samsonite Luggage set, a pair of Oliver People's sunglasses, a Lenovo Tablet with built in projector and 2 round trip tickets on Jet Blue with 20,000 points each. So basically we can fly anywhere on the west coast for free. Paul and I are thinking we might try and do a get away to San Francisco some time next year, pending inlaws willingness and availability to come watch the kids for a few days. :-)

It was such a fun day and totally felt surreal. Quite possitively a once in a lifetime experience to win that many things at one time. I'm not sure I've ever even won anything, let alone that much at one time. I feel very blessed! 

Merry Christmas to me!






1 comment:

Beth said...

I was thinking San Francisco! I've always wanted to go there w/ Adam.