Friday, April 18, 2008

More Baby Updates

Well, I have officially made it further in this pregnancy than I have in my other two pregnancies, so I thought I would give another update. I always felt I would be more bugged about going longer, but I'm actually okay about it and doing quite well.  I had ANOTHER appt yesterday. The good news is that the baby is doing quite well also. We were a little concerned earlier because my amniotic fluid levels were low last week (at 10 cm) and then dropped even lower at the beginning of this week (down to 8 cm). But they are now back up (to 10 cm), so that is good.  
Just FYI: Normal is between 5-25 cm. Dangerously low is under 5. Borderline is 5-10.

I'm dilated to almost 3 cm and a little over 50% effaced. My doctor flies out early next Saturday morning for a week long vacation (which bumps up right to my actual due date of the 5th), so if little one doesn't come before next Thursday, she is going to induce me that day.

Oh and according to the ultrasound measurements, which aren't completely exact, he's about 6 1/2 pounds right now. So he should be a good 7 pounds or more by the time he's born. I'm definitely excited, but trying to enjoy my last few days with just my girls. I'll keep everyone updated if things change. 


5 comments:

Beach Mommy said...

I'm so excited for you. I understand that feeling of taking it all in before another baby comes along. You're such a great mom though I'm sure you're making every moment count. I was hoping for this week for you but maybe by next week he'll be ready to go for it. By the way...we're trying your alfredo tonight!! Thanks for the dinner help!

brookeisacrazylady said...

That is awesome! Wow you are so close. How cool. Can't wait to meet the little guy.

Claire Thompson said...

ooohhh! the last few days, so exciting knowing your going to meet your little guy soon. Good luck.

Laura said...

Hey Amber! Wow, only 14 days left for you, I can't believe it! How exciting! Well, Darrin and Andrea's little boy was born early this morning. 8lbs 9oz. They're not sure on the name yet. Still deciding between a few that they like. Keep us posted with your news. =) Talk to you soon.

Sheri N. said...

Wow! Crazy. I cant wait to see pics of the little guy in a few short weeks.