Saturday, February 7, 2009

House Update

It's been a while since I've posted and I'm sure you're all on pins and needles waiting to hear about the house. (Ok, probably not, but whatever). We got our keys on January 27th (a Thursday) and it's a been a whirlwind of work since then. Sanding, painting, cleaning, fixing, etc. I'm exhausted, but excited, and really I just can't wait until this month is over and we've moved in. I don't have any pictures of the house since we've gotten the keys, but here are a few before we started working on it. 

This is our backyard. It's not huge and it looks a mess in this picture, but actually it is beautifully landscaped now thanks to Paul's parents. And the grass is starting to grow. We love it!

This is a shot standing from the dining room area looking into the kitchen. All the appliances are out now and the cupboards are sanded and primed, and awaiting a fresh coat of paint.

This is the view from the front door. The fireplace is a double fireplace and can be seen on the other side of the wall, which is the "family room" area. To the back left is the kitchen. You can kind of see the green paint. All of the bedrooms are upstairs.


8 comments:

Kerri said...

This is so exciting for you guys! I can't wait to see more pictures (or get invited over - hint, hint)!!

Brittany and Marcin said...

i love it! it looks so cute!

Luv2run said...

I can't wait to see pictures when you all done.

casey.chelsea.cali said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!!

Beth said...

It looks so great. I can't wait to come play. Post a pic of your back yard all made over.

Brian & Veronica said...

Yay for you guys!! :D How fun. It is a lot of work, but sooo rewarding! I can't wait for you to move in too. :) ;)

Nanette said...

Yippeee!
Congrats on the house!
I'm so excited for you!

Gina woodhouse said...

It looks beautiful! I'm sure you will have lots of great family memories in that house over the years. Enjoy!