Thursday, November 5, 2009
Case in Point
Last night Brandon woke up at 1:45 am. We let him cry for a few minutes, but we both know that when he wakes up, he doesn't go back to sleep without us going in his room. So after a few minutes, Paul gets up and goes in to rock him. Ten minutes later I hear Brandon start to cry again, which means Paul must have tried to put him down in his crib. Another ten minutes go by and he again tries to put him down. But again, Brandon starts to cry. At that point, I go in his room. No fever, no leaky diaper, and he still has water in his sippy cup. Nothing seems wrong. So I took him from Paul and rocked him again. As I'm rocking him, he's snuggling into me, but I can tell he's still awake. But I try to put him down anyway. He immediately starts crying and reaching for me. Great, I think. This is gonna take a while. THEN I had an idea. I asked him if he wanted a ball to hold. It was dark, so I couldn't see his reaction, but all of the sudden he was okay with me laying him in his crib. I told him to hold on a minute while I found one. He didn't make a peep. I went downstairs and got him a ball, brought it back to him, and put it in his arm. He clutched on to it. I left the room and never heard another peep all night. In the morning, he had a death grip on it. Yup.....he's definitely all boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ok that is so stinken adorable
At least you found something that worked!!!
This is the sweetest story.
sweet! Daddy should be so proud it's not a dolly!
I love this! That is the cutest thing ever!
What a genius idea, Amber. mom
Don't ya love those tender mercies. That is such a sweet story. Love that kid.
Post a Comment