Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween FUN!

Halloween was quite the exciting day around our house. We started out the day watching Paul play some church basketball. They lost, but that's okay. That means the season is over. hehe....I'm so nice huh? Then we rushed home, made a cake for the cake walk later that day and I ran over to pick up the Daisy Scout Fundraiser nuts. After Brandon's nap, we headed over to our old ward building to "crash" their Halloween Day Trunk or Treat. It was SO much fun to get to see some friends and enjoy their festivities. There was a great "non spooky" spook house complete with a puppet show about not being too greedy. I loved it. There were games to play, nachos to snack on, and of course, LOTS of candy from the trunk or treat. From there, we went to some friends house for dinner and trick or treating (MORE candy). Dinner was excellent, the company was great (I got to hold 2 week old baby Allie for a good 30 minutes.) and tricking treating with 8 other little kids was so fun. I can't wait until next year. We'll probably still have some leftover candy. Would it be gross to hand it out again? Ha...totally joking. Although, I do think candy would last that long. Yuck!

Ashlyn hand picked her costume and even wanted her face painted. I loved that she was a ghost this year and not another princess (not that there is anything wrong with Princess costumes. They just get old after a few years.)


Daddy had just finished reading the story of "The Wizard of Oz" with the girls a few weeks before Halloween. I was thrilled when Leah saw this outfit and wanted to be Dorothy. She looked perfect!


Then she got her face painted like a butterfly at the Trunk or treat, and from there most people were probably confused as to what exactly her costume was. Oh well!




That's Grace there on the left. Ashlyn's best little friend in the whole world.


Leah thinks Grace is her best friend too. Luckily, Ashlyn is pretty good at sharing her (most of the time.)


Little bit of trunk or treating fun.


All the big kids together getting ready for the big walk around the neighborhood.


Ashlynn is another best friend to Leah and Ashlyn. They have so much fun together. I'm so glad my girls have such good friends to play with.


And this is why Brandon is not in any pictures. He wouldn't put on his costume. It was so cute too. He was going to be the TinMan from Wizard of Oz. I thought it would be so cute for him and Leah to match. He would have nothing to do with his costume though and I was too cheap to run out and buy him another one. Oh well, maybe next year.


Checking out the loot after it was all said and done. Till next year!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks Amber...you are now off the list! I seriously love seeing pictures of kids in their costumes. I think it is so adorable! And I agree with you...the princess costumes get old. I love that your girls wanted to be other things, especially the ghost. Because isn't that what Halloween is about after all? SOOOOO cute! (Too bad about Brandon. I think the little ones are especially fun to see in costume!)

Erin said...

SO cute! I love Halloween pictures. I can't believe how much Leah is your mini-me. Especially in the picture with her face painted. :) Love the Ghost idea too, I agree about the princess stuff.

Beth said...

Love their costumes. Especially Ashlyn's.

tphillips said...

I LOVED the girls' costumes...but I am bummed I didn't get to see Brandon's! How cute that would have been...anyway, looks like fun...Im glad we got to spend some halloween time with you and your family. My Ashlynn has missed your girls...she had a blast!

mlauricella said...

wow! you guys really did have like 3 Halloweens. and, I think candy would last long enough to pass out next year...

Brittany and Marcin said...

I love Ashlyn's costume! You're kids are so cute. I miss them!

RachelAA said...

We loved having you all and we were grateful for the hydration!!

Sydney said...

Ashyln is so funny. I love that she was a ghost. Looks like yall had a great time! How fun!

Dana said...

I am in awe that Ashlyn wanted to be a ghost. She sure is growing up. She looked very ghostie and cute. Leah is adorable as Dorothy. she looks so happy. Too bad Brandon didn't want to wear his costume but he is just too cute in anything he wears. I'm still sad that I missed Halloween with them. love to all, mom