Thursday, November 19, 2009
My Day
Everyday Paul gets home and asks me how my day went. I pretty much always say the same thing....busy. And it's true. Kind of. Because I am usually busy, but I often get to do fun things. Like today for example. It was field trip day for Leah's preschool. This month's theme is Transportation, so we went to Travel Town. I call my cousin on the 30 minute drive down there. She just had a new baby. She tells me her sister is pregnant. And then she tells me she'd be ecstatic if she were pregnant again in the next six months. All I'm thinking is about my doctor's visit yesterday when I asked for some stronger birth control (ha). I missed my exit because I was on the phone, but I turn around pretty easily and manage to only be 10 minutes late to meet up with my preschool mommy friends. Travel town was fun. We walked around, ate lunch, rode the train. Leah and Brandon fall asleep on the drive home. Brandon's nap is now shot. Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter because about 15 minutes after getting home, my friend drops off her three kids so she can run back to school for parent/teacher conferences. The kids run around for a little over a hour. The house is crazy. I keep a pretty close eye on them and pick up the house as much as I can. But somebody inevitably ends up hurt or upset for one reason or another. After my friend picks up her kids, I head over to the park to hang out with some different friends (I know what you're thinking. My days aren't always filled with nonstop friends.) We let the kids run around and play until it's almost dark. I take my friend home. It's five o'clock and a new cupcake shop is opening in town. It's owned by a friend of mine, so OF COURSE I had to be there to "support" her (and get some delicious cupcakes). My brother texts me and asks me to run over to his house and feed his dog and bring him inside. I do that real quick. The kids are hungry, so we end up at....bleck.....McDonald's. My mom calls me while I'm in the drive thru line. I tell her where I am. She preaches to me about how awful that place is for you. I told her I don't ever order anything for myself. She's talking about the kids of course. I know that, but I had to be a stinker back to her. Why couldn't she have called me yesterday as I was making homemade lasagna with salad and fruit? The kids eat and we head over for the Grand Opening. The former mayor of our town is there to present my friend with a plaque. She cuts the ribbon and the doors open. I am THIRD in line. Score one for me! I get home with a dozen yummy cupcakes (of which there are only 4 left. Hey, we're a family of five. Don't judge.) Paul gets home, eats dinner(of leftover lasagna I might add), changes and heads out to a meeting for church. I bathe the kids and get them to bed....only 15 minutes late. Ashlyn doesn't have school tomorrow. I'm babysitting for a couple of hours in the morning and then heading to Paul's work for a "Dreamworks Thanksgiving feast" lunch. And so here I am, sitting at the computer at 9 o'clock at night, blogging. For posterities sake. That's what I tell myself anyway. I think I'm gonna go finish that necklace I've been working on since I got back from Iowa. Once I get it done, I'll have finished....wait for it.....one, since returning from our trip almost two months ago. It was a good day. I can't complain. I have a good life. I love my kids. I love being home with them. And I was just joking about the stronger birth control.....kind of....gotta keep 'em guessing right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
geesh! What a day!
hahaha. maybe i've changed my mind about hoping to be preggo in the next 6 months?? JUST KIDDING!! You're such a good mom. Busy, but really good. love you!
sounds about right. you go supermom.
Next time you head out to the park...call me!!! We would love to go to the park with you!!!
Super Amber. Super mom. I owe you a red velvet cupcake for taking my kids today.
Sorry for the nagging about McDonalds, but... I just saw Super Size me today in nutrition class. I'll say no more. I know you are the greatest of mom's Amber and take great care of your children. You do have a wonderful life. i love you, mom
Post a Comment