Monday, December 21, 2009

Wakefield Winter Wonderland


Me and the girls went caroling with some friends last night and then out to look at some AMAZING Christmas lights. Unfortunately, Brandon wasn't feeling too well, so Paul stayed home with him. I'm glad I was able to go with the girls, but I missed having Paul and Brandon there to enjoy the lights together. We'll definitely have to go back next year. This street does an absolutely amazing job at decorating. There are lights everywhere. The street was packed with cars and there was a LONG line going out of the subdivision and down the street on both sides. It was insane. We got lucky and parked a block over and walked in. It was more fun to walk it anyway. And it wasn't too long. The story of the lights is, that back in 1994 after the Northridge earthquake, neighbors got together and decided to string lights across the street to "tie themselves" together in support over the tragedy. Over the years, the lights grew and grew. Wooden boards were made and put in each neighbors yard, telling the story of "The Night Before Christmas". So many of the homeowners were out in their driveways with fire pits and chairs set up for people to stop and get warm at. There was even a band singing Christmas carols at one of the homes. It was just so much fun and such a great new tradition for us. Here are some pictures from the event. I forgot my camera, so I had to use my phone.













3 comments:

Camille said...

We came across that street last year. We LOVED it!!! Truly amazing!! Glad you all were able to have a nice time. Sure hope Brandon feels better soon!!

Carlie said...

That is absolutely incredible! I wish I could see it in person! Looks like you had a blast! Have a wonderful Christmas and tell your family hello from us- sorry we didn't get Christmas cards out this year.

RachelAA said...

What a great night - I am so happy you and the girls came out!!