Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Day After

I did a whole lot of celebrating for my birthday this year. One would have thought it was my 30th or something big like that. But no, I just have fabulous friends and family. So the day after Disneyland, I got together with some of my ward friends up here for some yummy CPK and Cupcakes (Starbucks style).


I would like to say we were deep into thought here deciding what we wanted for dinner, but that would be lie.


Serious discussion going on here I guess. They look TICKED off! ha.... They weren't. Just a funny shot.


And I don't know what my facial expression is responding to in this picture, but it was another funny one. Rachel just snaps pictures constantly. She could make a flip book.


Getting a birthday treat....that they charged me for. Crazy huh? But my kind, kind friends paid for it. Which I'm still not happy about, but finally agreed to....as if I had a choice.




Group shot. Apparently the server did not care about getting a good shot. It's all blurry at the top right. Oh well, you can still get the idea. GREAT friends I have!

So then we headed out to The Cupcake Tree bakery. I do not go because I want to. I must. I have to support my friend. It's her shop (are you buying any of this? I didn't think so.) Okay, I LOVE cupcakes. They are delicious. But the shop was closed. Boo!!! I guess it was my own fault. But in the window I could still see my friend, finishing up for the night, probably wanting to go home and relax after a long day. But instead, she gets ME....knocking on her door at almost 9 at night. I offered to pay for them. I just really really wanted some. I'm so stinking spoiled huh? What a brat. She was SUPER kind and gave us all a free cupcake. TOO TOO nice. Now I shall have to continue to support her (darnit)! So we took the cupcakes to Starbucks, cuz they were still opened. We got some hot cocoa and settled down for some more laughs.


Yes, I was making this face on purpose. No one else bothered to mention that when they posted this picture on their blog.


I'm pretty sure Michalle was doing this on purpose too.


Here's a nice one of her though....so she'll still love me.

Then a few of us ended up back at my house for some toe nail painting and movie watching. But mostly we just continued to chat while the TV was on in the background. It was SUCH SUCH SUCH a fun night! Thanks so much gals. I love you all! And I had the best Birthday ever!

4 comments:

tphillips said...

YAY so fun!!! Loved it!

RachelAA said...

You made me laugh through this entire post!

Beth said...

Makes me want another girls night soon! Looks like you had fun with all of your friends. Let's get together soon. I'd love our kids to play too. You know how T loves your girls. :)

Carlie said...

No fair! I want to be there with you! I wish I could do something fun like that for my birthday!