January's theme for Leah's preschool was DINOSAURS, so when one of the moms told me about a DinoFaire down in Culver City, I knew we had to go. They started out with a show all about dinosaurs and how they came to be and then went extinct. The coolest part was the end when huge inflatable dinosaurs filled the room. The kids thought it was great. Afterward we headed over to a dinodig where the kids got to "dig" for toy dinosaurs and shark teeth. Then we went on a tour of the facility which consisted mainly of rescue animals that have been confiscated by the police from people who were trying to smuggle them into the country, or keep them here illegally as pets. It was pretty fun. The kids thought it was great of course and that was what mattered the most. Paul and I thought it was a bit over priced and we didn't like how DinoMan (the guy giving the presentation at the beginning) somehow worked in a political Prop 8 comment on how we should repeal it and all get married. Still scratching my head on that one trying to figure out how the heck he worked that into a show about dinosaurs. Totally inappropriate in my opinion. Especially when it was a show that was suppose to be geared for kids. Whatever! It was still fun, but I must admit, I'm always glad to get home after being down in LA. I'm just not a city girl. That won't ever change.
4 comments:
How awesome - but really, political comments... WOW!
Looks like a lot of fun!!! and Im with you on the whole "city girl" thing....not happening...
oh and I must say-- you look so pretty in that pic of you and Brandon...sheesh gorgeous lady!
Oh my goodness...what is that black and white thing on a leash????
Post a Comment